MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The MyBB Humanization Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Wow, looks terrific and unique! I recommend enabling a views column for staff only, it is useless to analyze trends of the forum.
(2012-07-21, 01:13 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you get rid of the important/normal discussions separator? And instead apply a different background colour to sticky threads and/or something else.

Yeah, that would definitely look better. xD
I removed everything from registration page except login, email, and sequrity question.
Sequrity question looks more simple than captcha for users and it's much more effective against spambots.
I think it's good idea to remove password field as well and send generated password to email instead.
(2012-07-21, 01:13 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you get rid of the important/normal discussions separator? And instead apply a different background colour to sticky threads and/or something else.

i had this in my old theme, where the announcements are separate from the main table and removed the useless columns.

in fact i still have on another site

http://www.pavementsucks.com/board/forum...d-Trailers

i am thinking about similar for stick threads, but i think it is too separated for important threads
Not a bad idea to remove the divider. Will see if there's a solution I'm satisfied with.
A combination of a background colour and a "Sticky" prefix should do the trick. By the way, for consistency, you may want to apply the same style as prefixes to the "Closed:" bit of text that appears before closed threads.
For sure. I think I would actually prefer to use an icon, though.
Thanks for posting this, it's really good stuff. I'm currently making a theme and I'll be adding in a lot of these features. Or better yet, removing a lot of the useless ones. I like to remove all of the stuff end users don't really need to keep things as simple and fluid as possible.

Two small things are the signature and disable smilies checkboxes before posting. Does anyone really disable their signature for certain posts? If a user doesn't want a signature added, they can remove it from the User CP area.

I've done the new post/new reply/edit post thing before. I see the way you've done it here is similar. I didn't add the "Post, Preview, Draft" buttons in the Post Options row like you did - that's a good idea.

And I'm especially feeling your Quick Reply format. Awesome.
I had thought that I could get rid of the signature checkbox without any complaints, actually -- I may do so. I'd also like to kill the smiley checkbox too, except there's lots of scenarios where a user may want to turn off smilies, usually for interfering with URLs etc, which is a bigger issue altogether.
(2012-07-23, 04:06 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I had thought that I could get rid of the signature checkbox without any complaints, actually -- I may do so. I'd also like to kill the smiley checkbox too, except there's lots of scenarios where a user may want to turn off smilies, usually for interfering with URLs etc, which is a bigger issue altogether.
That is for things like :/ and stuff though right? In which case I would simply have the similes as : - / which would stop the issue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32