MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The MyBB Humanization Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
I always wrap my smilies between colons.

::): instead of :)

That way people can either click on a smiley or use text smileys. I prefer using text smilies, personally, so I don't like when they turn into images.
It would confuse people a lot now if some basic smilies stopped working.
Vey nice! Smile

A little question, wich plugin do u use for avoiding the TOS page and goind directly to the reg. page? Im re-styling my reg page and I need something like that.
(2012-07-23, 08:22 PM)quecarallo Wrote: [ -> ]Vey nice! Smile

A little question, wich plugin do u use for avoiding the TOS page and goind directly to the reg. page? Im re-styling my reg page and I need something like that.

I personally use this method: http://community.mybb.com/thread-92606-p...#pid785212

It lets you turn the page on or off through the Admin CP.
same ^
Here's a quick screenshot of the quick reply that I did. Trying to make everything simple. I might add a smiley pop-up on the left side of the tfoot to get rid of that extra space.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/954/quickreplyl.png
Nice. One problem with using the Preview button this way is if you hit "Full Editor" without entering anything, you'll get an error message. Not sure what to do about that.
Oh yeah. I'll see if I can figure something out for that.
I agree with what you said in the first post.

Personally, I don't usually use the Subscription feature, but when I do, I use it to highlight threads I like (such as this one).

I've taken the first step and have modified a few language variables to remove some of the more technical language (even stuff like "Your Search was Invalid") and replace it with more user friendly phrases, like "Something was wrong with your search. Check it and try again".
(2012-07-24, 02:45 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Nice. One problem with using the Preview button this way is if you hit "Full Editor" without entering anything, you'll get an error message. Not sure what to do about that.

That's fairly easy to fix. Open the ./inc/datahandlers/post.php file in a text editor.

Find:

// Do we even have a message at all?
if(my_strlen($post['message']) == 0)
{
	$this->set_error("missing_message");
	return false;
}

// If this board has a maximum message length check if we're over it. Use strlen because SQL limits are in bytes
else if(strlen($post['message']) > $mybb->settings['maxmessagelength'] && $mybb->settings['maxmessagelength'] > 0 && !is_moderator($post['fid'], "", $post['uid']))
{
	$this->set_error("message_too_long", array($mybb->settings['maxmessagelength'], strlen($post['message'])));
	return false;
}

Replace with:

// If this board has a maximum message length check if we're over it. Use strlen because SQL limits are in bytes
if(strlen($post['message']) > $mybb->settings['maxmessagelength'] && $mybb->settings['maxmessagelength'] > 0 && !is_moderator($post['fid'], "", $post['uid']))
{
	$this->set_error("message_too_long", array($mybb->settings['maxmessagelength'], strlen($post['message'])));
	return false;
}
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32