MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The MyBB Humanization Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
(2012-07-10, 04:46 PM)BlackChaos Wrote: [ -> ]One of the things I love the most that you did was simplify the registration page. I'll be spending some time editing mine as well to make it simpler and more fun, rather than a flurry of options and preferences. I mean, members can change those later as well.

I'm gonna do the same, I really don't see why the registration page is cluttered with options.
It was basically designed ten years ago.
(2013-06-02, 08:18 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]It was basically designed ten years ago.

Along with quite a bit of MyBB, from the looks of it. .thead and .tcat were designed in 1.2, the Admin CP in 1.4. I just looked at a picture of 1.2, the new reply page looked quite similar to the one I'm typing in now.
I've been creating my theme for myself and humanizing mybb too, making it more attractive, but not so much as you did. Feel free to take ideas from my design!

[Image: fr0i3e7.gif]

Full screenshot.
http://i.imgur.com/aO2fNzn.jpg

my registration screen: http://www.foro125.com/member.php
Much simpler.

I will take a lot of ideas from your style to continue humanizing my forum as it is visited by low age users and with not so much forum experience.

good luck and keep up the good job!
You guys are just awesome! I am in this project too, here is my humanized forum.
Quote:"To create a message board to be used by humans, not by message board fanatics."
I'm quite impressed with this work brad-t. One question I have though, is when a guest clicks 'Start a Discussion', it automatically pops up with the sign in/register modal. When I visit my own forum as a guest and click 'New Thread', I am taken to the login page. How have you taken that step out and made the modal box appear on click? I can't seem to find what to edit to have it display a modal instead of directing me to the login page.
(2014-02-10, 11:27 PM)J Greig Wrote: [ -> ]I'm quite impressed with this work brad-t. One question I have though, is when a guest clicks 'Start a Discussion', it automatically pops up with the sign in/register modal. When I visit my own forum as a guest and click 'New Thread', I am taken to the login page. How have you taken that step out and made the modal box appear on click? I can't seem to find what to edit to have it display a modal instead of directing me to the login page.

I used Javascript to override the default behaviour.
Thank you for the reply. I shall look into and see if I can come up with anything.

Regards.
I've been taking quite a bit of time to do my best to incorporate most of these ideas into my current project, it's going very well so far and I'm finding many many ways to use different templates and plugins to my advantage during the process. Nice!
It's a great layout Brad! Is there a tutorial or means of getting such customization?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32