MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The MyBB Humanization Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Hi, I registered here just to say how impressed I was at the design of your forum. Though I would not implement all changes, I think you have really created a unique identity for your website where each part is crucial to your own brand.

I especially like the log-in pop-up, and I wonder if it would be able to do a pop-up for registering as well. You could keep the same design, just in a lightbox format, and it would pull the user-friendly experience even fighter than it now is.

I also quite like in the 'Advanced' Reply how the 'Preview' and 'Draft' buttons are equal in width to the 'Post!' button. It's a really nice touch.

This post is what has pushed me into starting to us MyBB (I have had only vBulletin experience in the past). Does anyone know of a template guide which shows a visual representation of what template names correspond to what parts of the myBB interface? I'd like to get started applying some theories outlined in this project for myself.
^ see MyBB 1.4 CSS Guide. it still holds good for MyBB 1.6.9
That's brilliant! Thank you.
(2013-04-19, 08:43 AM)Narcissus Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I registered here just to say how impressed I was at the design of your forum. Though I would not implement all changes, I think you have really created a unique identity for your website where each part is crucial to your own brand.

I especially like the log-in pop-up, and I wonder if it would be able to do a pop-up for registering as well. You could keep the same design, just in a lightbox format, and it would pull the user-friendly experience even fighter than it now is.

I also quite like in the 'Advanced' Reply how the 'Preview' and 'Draft' buttons are equal in width to the 'Post!' button. It's a really nice touch.

This post is what has pushed me into starting to us MyBB (I have had only vBulletin experience in the past). Does anyone know of a template guide which shows a visual representation of what template names correspond to what parts of the myBB interface? I'd like to get started applying some theories outlined in this project for myself.

Thanks for your kind words. I have actually begun implementing registration and lost password into the box.

(2013-04-19, 02:12 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-19, 08:43 AM)Narcissus Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I registered here just to say how impressed I was at the design of your forum. Though I would not implement all changes, I think you have really created a unique identity for your website where each part is crucial to your own brand.

Thanks for your kind words. I have actually begun implementing registration and lost password into the box.

That looks excellent, great job.
So, I had the hankering recently to create a Game of Thrones forum. It's been a while since I delved into coding, and I have never used MyBB before in my life. However, I have tried to apply some of your theories into the design I have in mind.

I only have the index (semi) completed at the moment, but it looks to be shaping up a bit.

I know already that the thead font is too hard for the background it is on; however with only 5 minutes left at a laptop, that'll need to wait until another day.

Let me know if you have any comments or feedback with it.

P.s. I hope you don't mind me using some stuff you had already thought of; I figured I had changed it enough to make sure that both our forums would look completely different, click to see enlarged:

[Image: mock2_zps677fee98.jpg]
I'm not sure I see the influence of my work on this, honestly – though I'm happy it's been useful for you.
That is some impressive work! Eagerly await your release for the framework. I was just laying out some ideas on how to trim the fat from typical forums when I came across your work. Blew what I had in mind out of the water.
(2013-04-20, 08:53 PM)Narcissus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-19, 02:12 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]

That looks excellent, great job.

That looks really good Brad, it might also be a good idea to edit the script so when you're finished entering your password and email the fields reset and then prompts the user to enter the data in again to confirm them.
Why do you think those fields need to be confirmed?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32