MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The MyBB Humanization Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Thanks brad. I've had some troubles with those plugins recently, so I haven't had a chance to implement it proper, but it's on my to-do list.

Also, what do you feel about the "include signature" and "disable smilies" options on the new thread / new reply pages? I don't imagine many people use them and I'm considering hiding them on my forum.
I'm considering it as well.
(2012-11-02, 09:30 AM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]Also, what do you feel about the "include signature" and "disable smilies" options on the new thread / new reply pages? I don't imagine many people use them and I'm considering hiding them on my forum.

Seems just fine on my forum without them. I see these two things being used on such a rare occasion that we don't need them.
its really amazing what you have made with your forum brad, but i'do have a question how long have you been working on the core of the website, cause the details are awesome.

I want to change my registration area also on my website,but dont know where to start.

I know you dont want to make it, but then at least tell it where to edit!
I've been working on it for about a year.

You can change the member_register template. I actually posted the code for mine in this thread.
Hi brad-t, I'm trying to do some heavy customizations on my MyBB copy and I succeeded into making things looking really good. Now I have a problem with UCP: I removed a lot of options like you did, but now when an user updates his settings, removed option's values are being all changed to "0" or "false", but I'd like to change them to "1" or "true" indeed. Do you know how to fix this?
Depends. Did you move your options over from the usercp_options template to the usercp template? If so, you'll need a plugin for them to function correctly.
Never mind, I was able to achieve what I was searching for by simply put straight before the end of the form some hidden inputs with my forced values. Example:

<input type="hidden" name="showavatars" id="showavatars" value="1" checked="checked" />

This would force users to see avatars in posts and PMs.
Yup, that's the way to do it.
I love the look of the theme and can't wait to try to make some changes like this to my site. You are amazing! Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32