MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: decswxaqz's plugin list - 13th May: Easy Install v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
omg ... I wish I knew about the template debug mod before when I was working on my site theme and template haha. Would have been sooo nice. Gonna install it anyway for future use. Thanks!!
Two plugins designed to work closely together (recommend to install both (and I'm not just saying that...))

Easy Install
New and improved.
  • Edit files using arrays of information, (instead of god awful file formats --PAIN-- Wink). Or edit files using strings if it's a one-off change you need.
  • Upload images. You can now (using the readme function of EI) encode images online, store them in a string, and then when your plugin is activated, it'll make images for you.
  • Same as the above but you can store whole files in strings and then make files. Combined with the above you can put everything in one file. Users need ever only see one file.
  • Uninstall plugins using the same array of information as the one used to install! Someone deactivates their plugin, you don't need to tell the user to edit files, it'll do it automatically.

There is a very big readme file included in ei.php. To access it you have to install Advanced Plugins. You'll find the tools to help you with using EI in the readme.

Advanced Plugins
Files can now include an inbuilt readme file so you can see the help file online. Good for multi-admin environments where one admin would install the plugin (and have the offline readme) but the others wouldn't know what to do. They can now view the readme online and not mess up your forums Wink.

You can also update your plugins automatically. The creator provides a link to their site with the latest version, if it's the latest version, you should be able to install it over your old plugin.
If you have Easy Install activated (and the plugin allows it), it will automatically mak any changes that need doing (including uploading files). Otherwise you might have to manually edit files for the update to workSad

I will help any plugin developers to get their plugins EI and Advanced Plugin compatible. I'm a bit busy at the minute but I'll spare time to help you if you need any help.
These look really neat. Just curious as to what the security implications of having auto update features and stuff are.
You know... I totally forgot about admin permissions o_O. The two combined are over 2000 lines of code and not one is to stop people from accessing them.....

I thought that the security would be fine. After all it's taking the URL to update from the plugin. So any security breaches would be the responsibilty of the plugin creator. But I realised that's not the case in all of the places. I'll make a admin setting to allow/disallow admins from using plugins... seems like that other should be there anyway???

I'll get to work on the admin permissions straight away. Shouldn't take me too long I hope Smile Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: Just found the permissions in the admin/plugins.php page. They use the permissions for changing settings. Since all of my called functions are in plugins.php, they should be covered by that setting. I'll do some testing but that should stop people who can't alter/change settings and plugins.

EDIT2: Ok. Anyone who has access to plugins can use the readme and update functions. All of EI's and Advanced Plugins called functions are in plugins.php. The EI class is put into global.php so that's covered by the basic admin protection. Now unless another admin has managed to put a PHP file on the server that makes use of EI's class, it should be secure. But if they can put a PHP file on the server in the first place, they certainly don't need EI Wink.

I will reupload the files though to tell everyone that to use these plugins, you must have access to change settings.
Have you looked into making Admin Password work for PR2, or is the installation the prety much the same?

I had a look in the files in modifies and there are some slight differences, but it should still work ok shouldn't it?
Yes it should still work. I don't think much has changed but I've not looked into the login system... actually, it might need changing because of the new salt/key system. If you would like to release the mod for PR2 you are welcome to take it. Please credit me for the original code unless you decide to remake it completly.

Unfortunatly, I've got TONS of assignments and projects to do so I won't be making mods for a while. I might redo the Cash Mod if noone has released one by the time I get some free time...
I tried activating easy install and received the following:

[attachment=1683]
That happened to me when I tried activating it, so I tried CHMODDing plugins.php in the /forums_directory/admin folder to 777, and it seemed to work.
Da Dude Wrote:Indeed...
use this one: http://mybbmods.eckohost.net/view.php?did=
ofcourse fill in did Toungue

The URL to mybbmods.eckohsot.net doesn't work. I get the 404 error
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16