MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration Security Question v1.2 (Updated: 07/27/2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
(2011-08-01, 04:42 PM)bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm that's true, but still it would be cool to have an at least optional list from which you can choose what you want to use. Once more, great plugin, the most effective at stopping spammers atm for mybb in my opinion Smile

If we post them publicly, spammers may see this post and have an easy grouping of all the many questions that they could encounter. This could end up helping them crack us? The questions are pretty easy anyway, but I'd rather come up w/ my own, and not have them posted somewhere publicly. Why take the chance of making things easier for these d*cks? Undecided
Hmm well in any case if humans are involved you're doomed Toungue As said before in this thread, the whole system (and any spam prevention system actually) falls apart when there is actual human effort put into cracking the system. Anyway maybe you're right, it could be used as an auto list with an answer list or something...
It freezes when checking if the answer is correct.
Freezes when changing question.
Looks like same problems people had before plugin was updated.
My forum is 1.6.1. Is it too old for this plugin?
(2011-08-02, 09:12 PM)Thorondor Wrote: [ -> ]It freezes when checking if the answer is correct.
Hmm, the plugin says compatibility is 1.6*, so you'd think that would not be the problem. Any plans to upgrade to a higher revision anytime soon? Wink
Do you plan to support this plugin on new thread an new posts?
(2011-08-02, 09:12 PM)Thorondor Wrote: [ -> ]It freezes when checking if the answer is correct.

I have not come across this problem, are you sure its not something on your system? Can I have the url and a little more info about your setup?

(2011-08-03, 09:32 AM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]Do you plan to support this plugin on new thread an new posts?

Yes I am looking in to it.
You can have my url, it's in my profile I also can provide any info. Just ask what you need to know. In my case it's freezing when changing the question
(2011-08-04, 09:10 AM)zascok Wrote: [ -> ]You can have my url, it's in my profile I also can provide any info. Just ask what you need to know. In my case it's freezing when changing the question

Are you sure you are running the latest version of this plugin? The xmlhttp response I am getting when testing your forum tells me you are either still running the old version or you did not properly update all the files when updating.

Make sure you update to the latest version and overwrite all the existing files with the files from the new version.
Damit, I thought I did, but you are right!!! Now I need to write my questions again

Thank you!
This plugin has stopped all spam registrations on my forum. Cheers mate!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23