MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration Security Question v1.2 (Updated: 07/27/2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
How easy / hard are your questions?
They are easy, but I don't think that's important here, because all of them are in Spanish, for example:

Nombre de pila del presidente del Barça (6 letras):

I don't think spambots can understand Spanish, but the odd thing here is that I'm getting more or less a new spammer registered per hour, and the RSQ's statistics don't show anyone of them.

It seems as if spambots are registering themselves without answer any question.

Thanks...
(2013-06-09, 09:37 PM)Grid Wrote: [ -> ]They are easy, but I don't think that's important here, because all of them are in Spanish, for example:

Nombre de pila del presidente del Barça (6 letras):

I don't think spambots can understand Spanish, but the odd thing here is that I'm getting more or less a new spammer registered per hour, and the RSQ's statistics don't show anyone of them.

It seems as if spambots are registering themselves without answer any question.

Thanks...

So when it happens, you don't see that your stats have changed on your questions, as far as how many good/bad answers for each one? Have you tried registering yourself, and can you get past the protections?
Jayfore Wrote:So when it happens, you don't see that your stats have changed on your questions, as far as how many good/bad answers for each one?

Yes, I was getting lots of "people" registered, and the stats were always the same.

Jayfore Wrote:Have you tried registering yourself, and can you get past the protections?

Yes, and for me it's impossible to register without answering the question.

I was getting lots of "people" registered (most of them with emails endind in ".ru", from Rumania) even with the reCAPTCHA activated.

I've read that RSQ can be cracked by spammers, but I thought that reCAPTCHA was still impossible to crack.

In fact here is a way how registration questions can be cracked:

Stupid stupid registration question

Maybe when I installed Nesil theme, that affected someway to RSQ or reCAPTCHA, because some changes I made to source code (I rewrote the agreement of register, for example) was shifted again to their inicial state.

Now I've unistalled RSQ an reCAPTCHA, and I'll try from scratch with the Signup Questions plugin.

Thanks...
Is it possible to use this on every page? How difficult would it be?

I have the registration form embedded into the header on every page. I'm getting hammered with spammers right now.
I installed it succesfully but when I try to access the options I get this error page:

[Image: screenshot_33.png]

Could someone help me please?
I'm receiving tons of spam and I'm so stressed of it! Sad
^ recheck the plugin files uploading locations !
bots are bypassing this and i see still no update

totally useless right now
^ if you are not satisfied with this plugin then you can try using signup questions plugin
any update of this plugin??
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23