MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration Security Question v1.2 (Updated: 07/27/2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
same here spammers can registered without answering the question...
(2012-03-24, 10:20 AM)melchor Wrote: [ -> ]same here spammers can registered without answering the question...

Hmm, I have not experienced this yet. When the spammers have signed up, it has appeared that they have answered the questions. When I have changed my questions/answers slightly, their signups have stopped again.
avesome...
users are getting this error when trying to register an account on my forum:

MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'shown' in 'field list'
Query:
UPDATE mybb_g33k_regsecureq_questions SET shown='1' WHERE qid='2'
(2012-04-26, 04:27 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]users are getting this error when trying to register an account on my forum:

MyBB SQL Error

SQL Error:
Query:

You probably did not deactivate before upgrading the plugin. Deactivating and re-activating should take care of the problem. Also make sure you have uploaded all the files from the update overwriting the old ones where applicable.
(2012-04-26, 10:44 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-26, 04:27 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]users are getting this error when trying to register an account on my forum:

MyBB SQL Error

SQL Error:
Query:

You probably did not deactivate before upgrading the plugin. Deactivating and re-activating should take care of the problem. Also make sure you have uploaded all the files from the update overwriting the old ones where applicable.

thanks, that handled the issue.
Security question works when I try to register BUT spammers/bots are able to sign up without answering security question. Status for all questions after spammers/bots registration: Correct 0% Incorrect 0%

Registration Security Question (1.2)
MyBB 1.6.6
Image Verification: Default CAPTCHA
Configuration File, Language Files, Backups Directory: Not Writable (according to Tools & Maintenance)

Done this too:
Deactivate
Uninstall
Uploaded new files from geekplugins.com
Install & Activate

Please help.
I wouldn't pay too much attention to the stats as there is a bug in the plugin that does not properly count the correct/incorrect in certain conditions.
Have you tried changing your questions? It is possible that you are using a question that the bot has programmed an answer to.
Hello I was just playing around with my site and noticed that the "change question" button when clicked just goes "loading please wait" and never changes "loading please wait" just stays on the screen.

Not sure why this is happening its not a big deal. I just refresh page answer question with out hitting "change question"
my site www(.)howman(.)ca if you would like to check it out
(2012-05-13, 09:30 PM)Howman Wrote: [ -> ]Hello I was just playing around with my site and noticed that the "change question" button when clicked just goes "loading please wait" and never changes "loading please wait" just stays on the screen.

Not sure why this is happening its not a big deal. I just refresh page answer question with out hitting "change question"
my site www(.)howman(.)ca if you would like to check it out

You have a bunch of jquery scripts on your site that are probably causing a conflict with the jscript of this plugin.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23