MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration Security Question v1.2 (Updated: 07/27/2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
I think I might have found a bug, if I deactivate the plugin and reactivate it, there are 2 instances of Security Question on my registration page.
(2010-12-05, 05:09 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Any way of hiding the "change question" button if there's only 1 question added?

I'll implement a check in the next version which will automatically remove the button if theres only one question in the database.
For now, you can remove the button from the template.

Global Templates>regsecureq
Remove the following lines:
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	if(use_xmlhttprequest == "1")
	{
		document.write('<br \/><input type="button" class="button" tabindex="10000" name="refresh" value="{$lang->regq_change}" onclick="regsecureq.change();return false;" \/>');
	}
// -->
</script>

(2010-12-05, 09:05 PM)Gene53 Wrote: [ -> ]Great plugin but for some strange reason, the Change Question doesn't work on my install.

(2010-12-05, 10:02 PM)Gene53 Wrote: [ -> ]I think I might have found a bug, if I deactivate the plugin and reactivate it, there are 2 instances of Security Question on my registration page.

I couldn't replicate the above. I even looked over the code and I don't see a problem there. It seems something is not right with the templates, which could also be the reason for the problem in changing the question.

Could I have the URL to your forum with the plugin activated so I can have a look?

To remove multiple instances, look at them member_register template and make sure there is only one of these
{$regq}
thank you so much it's nice mod
i'll test it or Mybe use it lol :d
Gene53 Wrote:the Change Question doesn't work on my install

My bad, I had forgotten to upload the jscript file, works great now. Sorry...

G33K Wrote:To remove multiple instances, look at them member_register template and make sure there is only one of these:
Code: {$regq}

You're right, there were 2 instances of this in my member_register template.

Cheers and thanks for the great plugin and support,
Gene
awesome plugin... reputation added!!! Smile
Many thanks for this great plugin !!!
Rep +
(2010-12-06, 07:20 PM)Gene53 Wrote: [ -> ]
Gene53 Wrote:the Change Question doesn't work on my install

My bad, I had forgotten to upload the jscript file, works great now. Sorry...

G33K Wrote:To remove multiple instances, look at them member_register template and make sure there is only one of these:
Code: {$regq}

You're right, there were 2 instances of this in my member_register template.

Cheers and thanks for the great plugin and support,
Gene

Glad its sorted out.

Thanks for the comments and rep guys Smile
THANK YOU!!!!
Thank you very very very much
Installed it, lets see if it cuts down on spammers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23