MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Last one to Post #5!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have successfully coded my first complete plugin! WOO HOO

For those wondering what it does, it's really quite simple: It just adds a new page to the UserCP to list the downloads you've purchased via MyDownloads, for me to use at NanoSkinners. Learned a fair bit of it by looking at one of labrocca's plugins Angel (thanks labrocca Heart)
Congratulations Scoutie! I wish I could code plugins, but the hooks don't make much sense to me. Sad
It's right simple actually. Your biggest issue will be learning PHP. Hooks are more or less variables - a place for you to stick your code in. That's all.
I can never bother learning PHP. Everytime i start i find something new that is more interesting.
Scoutie, I know a bit of PHP but just can't dedicate myself to learn the rest. Sad

Aristotle, that's exactly my issue. Maybe you and I should help each other and learn it together? If we exchange MSN (or something) we could learn it as partners, driving each other to keep learning. That'd be fun imo.
What kind of character should I make for DC Universe Online?

Options for the different parts of character creation are the following...

Faction - Hero or Villain
Mentor - Hero: Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman / Villain: Joker, Lex Luther, or Circe
Movement Mode: Super speed, acrobatics, or flying
Power: Fire, Ice, Mental, Nature, Sorcery, or Gadgets
Weapon: One-handed, hand blaster, bow, brawling, dual pistol, dual wield, martial arts, rifle, staff, or two-handed

And, then there is the look but I'll decide that as there are to many options to go through Toungue.
(2011-01-17, 02:20 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Metal, real talent. Screaming while playing fast, while in front of thousands of people. What does a rapper do? Go stoned on stage and forgot lyrics. Heck some Metalists (Peter steele) can go drunk and still play and sing amazing.

Screaming is NOT singing...

I listen to all kinds of music, my favorite being rap though, but I can not stand country, and Metal...

If I win and I choose my own prize, does the world end?
Haha Lee, you'll send yourself $50.
(2011-01-17, 04:02 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-17, 02:20 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Metal, real talent. Screaming while playing fast, while in front of thousands of people. What does a rapper do? Go stoned on stage and forgot lyrics. Heck some Metalists (Peter steele) can go drunk and still play and sing amazing.

Screaming is NOT singing...

I listen to all kinds of music, my favorite being rap though, but I can not stand country, and Metal...

Learn to not assioate popular singers to an entire genre bro. Tons of metal don't scream. Most Type O Negative doesn't. A lot of thrash doesn't. Epica has backup screams, but the lead singer has an Operaish voice. Painting metal with a broad brush is not a smart idea, as it has so many different sub genres its impossible to brand them all with one name.