MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post your desktop!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@euantor ElemantaryOS! My partner in crime is one of the designers of that.
(2011-08-02, 09:04 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]@euantor ElemantaryOS! My partner in crime is one of the designers of that.

Ubuntu actually Toungue But yes, I'm a massive elementary fan. I use most of their programs (postler, midori, dexter), but I prefer Shiki-colors to the actual elementary theme (though I love the elementary icons). It's basically a mix of elementary and shiki and the Gnome 3 wallpaper.
(2011-08-02, 09:18 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-02, 09:04 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]@euantor ElemantaryOS! My partner in crime is one of the designers of that.

Ubuntu actually Toungue But yes, I'm a massive elementary fan. I use most of their programs (postler, midori, dexter), but I prefer Shiki-colors to the actual elementary theme (though I love the elementary icons). It's basically a mix of elementary and shiki and the Gnome 3 wallpaper.

Ah sorry, I couldn't really tell tooooo well but it seemed similar enough. My linux days ended a while ago so I cant tell anymore.
(2011-08-02, 09:21 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]

Ah sorry, I couldn't really tell tooooo well but it seemed similar enough. My linux days ended a while ago so I cant tell anymore.

It is hard to tell them apart Wink They both use gnome and are extremely similar (I may be wrong, but isn't Elementary OS built off of Ubuntu?). I was going to install Elementary OS itself, but it made more sense to stick with Ubuntu.
(2011-08-02, 09:35 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-02, 09:21 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]

It is hard to tell them apart Wink They both use gnome and are extremely similar (I may be wrong, but isn't Elementary OS built off of Ubuntu?). I was going to install Elementary OS itself, but it made more sense to stick with Ubuntu.

I guess your right. I've never been a fan of Ubuntu.
>minimalist
>1/4 of screen taken up by useless information about your pc

linux users never cease to amaze me
(2011-08-02, 10:29 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]>minimalist

CPU, RAM and disk usage. Battery level and top processes.
All useful at a glance.
Some people just like how it looks too.
You're far too critical of other peoples preferences, Mr. Sarcasm.
(2011-08-02, 10:29 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]>minimalist

Information can still have a minimalist ideal. I mean when I played WoW I added a bunch of stuff that's not always there with the default UI but also removed all the graphics around things like the action bar...