MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post your desktop!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My desktop Smile Mageia 4 with XFCE Smile
(2014-08-30, 04:13 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm used to run my localhost on windows (Apache, MySQL, etc), I already know the install procedures etc. I'm so used to it for my coding work, I can't live without Notepad++ (which is not available in Linux, etc), GitHub foor windows, Office, etc.

Yeah, it is a little harder to install localhosts on Linux. I can usually do them in about 15 minutes now, but that's because I'm used to setting them up. Toungue

As far as text editors are concerned, if I recall correctly I did get notepad++ to work under WINE, but have you tried Geany as an alternative text editor? I actually prefer it over Notepad++ and it's Linux native.
For a localhost, use Taskel if you're on Ubuntu/Debian:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Tasksel

Alternatively:

sudo apt-get install lamp-server^
Or use Vagrant (or even Docker on Linux, much more lightweight) - so you don't clutter up your main OS Toungue
(2014-09-02, 02:02 PM)Cameron:D Wrote: [ -> ]Or use Vagrant (or even Docker on Linux, much more lightweight) - so you don't clutter up your main OS Toungue

If he struggles to set up LAMP locally, vagrant will cause his brain to melt. I tried explaining it to a co-worker once and I swear I could see melted brain leaking out of his ears...
(2014-09-02, 02:19 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-02, 02:02 PM)Cameron:D Wrote: [ -> ]Or use Vagrant (or even Docker on Linux, much more lightweight) - so you don't clutter up your main OS Toungue

If he struggles to set up LAMP locally, vagrant will cause his brain to melt. I tried explaining it to a co-worker once and I swear I could see melted brain leaking out of his ears...

* JordanMussi hurriedly puts on a hat... Wink
Windows:
[Image: 45cc8657ba.jpg]
Mac:
[Image: d27b010b43.jpg]

Sublime:
[Image: 89e3c42ff8.png]
On mac you can print screen with cmd + shift + 3 or cmd + shift + 4 Wink I assume that's why you took a photo of the actual screen lol
(2014-09-06, 09:43 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]On mac you can print screen with cmd + shift + 3 or cmd + shift + 4 Wink I assume that's why you took a photo of the actual screen lol

I did not know that, only just got it lol