MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post your desktop!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Fábio Maia: Ubuntu users unite. Toungue

Nice background image.
[Image: PRW3xz8.jpg]

Trying out Evolve OS. Seems pretty damn fast so far, though not quite complete.
Euan T: Definitely has a plain feel to the desktop, looks nice. As far as I am aware, it's using the "Budgie" desktop that is ported/integrated with Gnome to some extent?
Yup, it runs Budgie. It's got a really nice simplistic feel to it and uses many Gnome components. Almost everything is built in either C or Vala so it's all really lightweight and fast (similar to elementary OS). Only problem is I can't decide if I prefer Budgie or Pantheon Wink
Here's mine, the side bar is like windows 8s sidebar but much nicer.

[Image: DeepinScreenshot20140828135324_zps27318909.png]
@JonathanP Oh! I've been curious about Deepin for a while. How does it run?
It's running nicely right now, they just released 2014.1 today, its lighter and faster.
That sidebar thing feels like it belongs on a phone... Toungue

Looks better than Ubuntu's current desktop implementation for Unity 8/Mir though. At least when I tried the package from the Ubuntu repository.
Yeah I meant Zack, unsure why I did confuse your names.

@Linux, nice ones there! I like Ubuntu but I can't live without windows, do any of you recommend an dual installation?
I have dual booted mine, and it works great. I haven't ever really had any issues, and it's pretty easy to do as long as Ubuntu/Linux/whatever is installed last. (The windows installer doesn't recognize existing operating systems on your computer before it attempts a system wide install. )

I pretty much never boot into Windows nowdays though, so I suppose I leave it installed on my PC as a just in case thing. Anything that isn't native for Linux at this point generally seems to work pretty well on the most recent versions of WINE for me. I even got reaper and Origin working, and those aren't simple applications. Toungue