MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyProfile - Profile Comments & more (version 1.2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
(2014-10-03, 08:47 PM)mikeh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-03, 07:27 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-03, 03:21 AM)mikeh Wrote: [ -> ]The only suggestion I have is to remove the (Total x) text. Thank you. Smile

The one on the comments?
I meant removing it altogether. I don't understand how it could be useful besides the buddy list. But if you do decide to keep it for the buddy list and comments can you please add a colon : after Total please?

Another minor suggestion I have is moving the Moderator Options box all the way down like the Admin Options box.

Thank you.

Ok I need to hear from other people their thoughts on that, if they would like the "Total X" to be completely removed or not.

And I created an issue on GitHub for the moderator option box Smile

Thank you for the suggestion.
(2014-10-03, 11:30 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I need to hear from other people their thoughts on that, if they would like the "Total X" to be completely removed or not.

In my opinion, it should be kept but if someone wants this suggestion, why not add option in Admin CP to disable "Total X"?
(2014-10-03, 11:30 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I need to hear from other people their thoughts on that, if they would like the "Total X" to be completely removed or not.

What about doing it the way you think it should be? As long as you offer the possibility to remove it (i.e. tempalte edits) you don't need to please everybody.

(2014-10-03, 11:57 PM)Firelad Wrote: [ -> ]why not add option in Admin CP to disable "Total X"?

Pretty sure it adds not special load to the page (I assume it is used for multipage anyways?) so a setting would be quite.. unnecessary. Template edits could be the best approach.
Whenever I try to comment I get redirected to a blank page http://mydomain.com/misc.php
(2014-10-06, 05:19 PM)mikeh Wrote: [ -> ]Whenever I try to comment I get redirected to a blank page http://mydomain.com/misc.php

Do you have Javascript disabled on your browser?
In next version I will remove that restriction anyway, so either turn AJAX off or wait for 0.5 Smile

Updates on 0.5, it shouldn't take long before it's here, I'm just gonna wait to see if MyAlerts gets released in the next couple of days.
(2014-10-07, 02:02 AM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-06, 05:19 PM)mikeh Wrote: [ -> ]Whenever I try to comment I get redirected to a blank page http://mydomain.com/misc.php

Do you have Javascript disabled on your browser?
In next version I will remove that restriction anyway, so either turn AJAX off or wait for 0.5 Smile

Updates on 0.5, it shouldn't take long before it's here, I'm just gonna wait to see if MyAlerts gets released in the next couple of days.
I have Javascript enabled. I was planning to wait for 0.5 anyway. Thank you.
Comment Converter :

Before you start :
- You're probably here because you're about to upgrade your MyBB forum version to 1.8+, before you start please notice that this version of the converter is still experimental, it has been coded for you by dragonexpert, and is supported through the official GitHub of MyProfile.

Only the latest version of the ProfileComments plugin has been tested (0.9.2).

Until this version is confirmed to be working smoothly on large scales, PLEASE test on a local version of your boards to make sure it works fine, before you try it on your live boards.

Remember :
This converter will only export comments from the old system (ProfileComments) to the new one (MyProfile). Your users' custom settings will not be exported (such as those who decided to close comments on their profiles, etc).

Tools :
- PHPMyAdmin

How to upgrade ?
Please read this tutorial carefully, it's easy but needs to be done correctly in order to work fine on your boards. Make sure you read it to the last point, to check if you are able to perform every task that is necessary for the upgrading process.

*** Make sure to test this on a local copy of your boards before you test it on your live boards. ***

1- Before you upgrade to MyBB 1.8, back up the "mybb_profilecomments" table using one of the following methods :
  • Using PHPMyAdmin : Click on your forum database, a menu with all the table will expand, click on  mybb_profilecomments (mybb_ is your table prefix), from the top menu, select Export, and then Go.
  • From the Admin CP : Tools & Maintenance > Database Backups > New Backup > from the selectable menu, only select mybb_profilecomments > Click "Perform Backup".
Save the generated file somewhere safe.

2- Deactivate and uninstall ProfileComments, also remove the plugin file from your board. Then upgrade your MyBB board to 1.8 as described in the official guide.

3- Download and install a fresh version of MyProfile (latest version). Make sure MyProfile is installed (activated or deactivated doesn't matter).

4- Using PHPMyAdmin, go to your database, from the top menu select "Import", and then import the table we generated in step 1, this will add again the mybb_profilecomments table, we need that table because it contains all the comments that we're about to import.

5- Upload the commentconverter.php script to the root of your forum. The script can be found attached to this post, or on GitHub (both version are the same). Upload it to the root folder of your forum, right next to announcement.php, forumdisplay.php, newreply.php, index.php etc.

*** For the next step, it's preferrable to have all your browser's tabs closed, to make sure your browser won't hang when you visit the covert page.***

6- Log into your boards with an admin account (the script can only be run by an admin for security reasons). With your browser, go to yourforum.com/commentconverter.php, the script will automatically start executing, and will show you :

Quote:Inserted X comments.  There are Y comments remaining.

DO NOT CLOSE YOUR BROWSER, WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE

Quote:Comments converted successfully.  Back To Forum

The script should only be run ONCE, running it twice will insert the same comments twice.

8- Using PHPMyAdmin, delete the table mybb_profilecomments. Delete commentconverter.php from your board (very important), activate MyProfile if it's not already activated, and make sure the comments show up correctly.

Should you have any questions, feel free to post them in this thread. And please remember to run this on a local copy of your boards, and not immediately on your live boards.
Nevermind. I had downloaded 0.3 again from the download page and now that I've got 0.5, it's working!
upgrade Spanish lang 0.5 version

Only have a few new vars 2 in one lang file and one in another if i'm not wrong, but here they are.
I just noticed a small issue on my forum, otherwise it's working as it should, but after upgrading my user's buddy lists are showing the wrong number of buddies in their profile.

For example; mine says "USERNAME has made 12 friends, 7 of whom are displayed on this page". I've double checked and only have 7 people on my list. I have it set via the admin panel to show 12 friends, so it isn't that.

I assume it could be due to an upgrade from 1.6 to 1.8 or updating MyProfile. Is there any way that I can fix that to the proper number of buddies?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30