MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: decswxaqz's plugin list - 13th May: Easy Install v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
1.x
  1. Easy Install v2.0
    New and improved.
    • Edit files using arrays of information, (instead of god awful file formats --PAIN-- Wink). Or edit files using strings if it's a one-off change you need.
    • Upload images. You can now (using the readme function of Advanced Plugins) encode images online, store them in a string, and then when your plugin is activated, it'll make images for you.
    • Same as the above but you can store whole files in strings and then make files. Combined with the above you can put everything in one file. Users need ever only see one file.
    • Uninstall plugins using the same array of information as the one used to install! Someone deactivates their plugin, you don't need to tell the user to edit files, it'll do it automatically.
    • Choose between FTP or fopen for editing files. FTP is recommended for smoother operation.

Version 2.0 Released 12/05/2006
    Version 1.2 Released 08/12/2005

2. Advanced Plugins
    Files can now include an inbuilt readme file so you can see the help file online. Good for multi-admin environments where one admin would install the plugin (and have the offline readme) but the others wouldn't know what to do. They can now view the readme online and not mess up your forums Wink.

You can also update your plugins automatically. The creator provides a link to their site with the latest version, if it's the latest version, you should be able to install it over your old plugin.
    If you have Easy Install activated (and the plugin allows it), it will automatically mak any changes that need doing (including uploading files). Otherwise you might have to manually edit files for the update to work Sad

3. Reply By email
    Another mod where the title says it all. Allows users to reply to forum topics by email.

4. Template Debug Information
    A simple mod. Displays the templates used to generate that page (in order). Counts how many times it was used and what variables were used to make the page. [image]

5. PayPal/Subscriber
    Allows users to donate and then you can assign them to a usergroup.
    Specify how much users have to donate before they are subscribed. You can automatically subscribe users if they donate over a certain amount or you can manually subscribe them once you have confirmed they have donated.

6. Cash/Points/Bank
    Earn cash for your posts on a forum.
    Donate your money to other users.
    Keep a statement of all your transactions.
    Configure each forum to have it's own values.
    Limit usergroups to only get a certain amount each post.
    Edit language files online to change how the plugin displays text

1.0 - Bug/Fix - Template list won't expand

7. MyBB Zip Installer
    Install MyBB from a zip file. Saves you having to unpack and upload the files individually.

• Order Stickies
    Does what it says on the tin Smile

• Admin Password
    Adds another password field to the admin CP login

• Referrer Mod
    Like your hosts' stats, but for your forum and can download stats in 2 different formats. Nifty filtering system too Smile
lollies Toungue
its the new mybb hype Wink
I recommend the admin password. It adds a new field in the admin cp login for more security of your forums. Thanks for the list, and I will sticky this Smile
decswxaqz, you should update your links in that post. They refer to the usercp to modify your mods and then people can't download them.
Indeed...
use this one: http://mybbmods.eckohost.net/view.php?did=
ofcourse fill in did Toungue
(I just edited his post to change the links.)

Nice mods. I recomend EI though but only if you have 10-20mins to install it and dont mind setting permissions to writable (risky).
Smethead Wrote:decswxaqz, you should update your links in that post. They refer to the usercp to modify your mods and then people can't download them.

hahaha. That's professionalism for you Shy Big Grin
Thanks for the comments on my mods... appreciated.
Where do I find the EI mod install instruction format?
There are some docs included with the EI zip file?
decswxaqz Wrote:There are some docs included with the EI zip file?

I was actually looking for something along the lines of this:
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=39

How can I make something that's EI compatible?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16