MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AJAX Chat - including MyBB integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
(2009-02-15, 09:17 PM)mihails_univers Wrote: [ -> ]Using this chat for some time, and it got a lot of messages in DataBase. And cuze of this it slows down my forum.
As I looked in PHP scripts, SQL queries are not optimized and it crashes my web-server by locking SQL tables with these queries for long time and it is blocking other soft that uses MySQL and web.

Can be some optimization in this direction ?
Go: Admin CP > Tools & Maintenance > Optimize Database, and that should make it a little faster.
(2009-02-15, 09:26 PM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-15, 09:17 PM)mihails_univers Wrote: [ -> ]Using this chat for some time, and it got a lot of messages in DataBase. And cuze of this it slows down my forum.
As I looked in PHP scripts, SQL queries are not optimized and it crashes my web-server by locking SQL tables with these queries for long time and it is blocking other soft that uses MySQL and web.

Go: Admin CP > Tools & Maintenance > Optimize Database, and that should make it a little faster.

Thx for tip, but I've already done this many times and more other tips for MySQL, and I do it daily. I have looked to optimize the SQL server-side, but also remains issues with "chat-side" (like inserting in DB a lot of spam from ChatBot, in all my records, messages from ChatBot are aprox. ~60-65 % from total of messages, thing which is really concerning). Another issue is that it is retrieving from DB a lot of info, which not everything is needed.

How this chat will work on InnoDB tables ? will affect it ?
(2009-02-15, 09:38 PM)mihails_univers Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-15, 09:26 PM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]

Thx for tip, but I've already done this many times and more other tips for MySQL, and I do it daily. I have looked, to optimize the SQL server-side, but also remains issues with "chat-side".

How this chat will work on InnoDB tables ? will affect it ?
Doing it in different tables won't make any difference, as it still is being stored and loaded. Maybe, if there's an option for it, disable logging of messages? Or are messages just stored in the database for viewing by the chat?
(2009-02-15, 09:40 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]Doing it in different tables won't make any difference, as it still is being stored and loaded. Maybe, if there's an option for it, disable logging of messages? Or are messages just stored in the database for viewing by the chat?

I know that InnoDB is a little different from other type of tables, it is using other methods of sorting data and do not have many options that are used in MyISAM. That's why I'm wondering about compatibility of this chat with InnoDB tables. I do now want to move data into it and have millions of problems and bugs.

I didn't find this kind of option, if anyone did, please let us know Smile
If I'm not wrong from what I have read from their forum, there is no working develop team of this chat that is developing at this moment, read http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?t..._id=774131

Also they do not have any developer that knows very well MyBB in their team, some of you could help them to improve MyBB chat mechanism.
Thanks for this, I may use this instead of the Spicefuse shoutbox. Can this be inegrated onto the forum index and the dimensions of the chat be minimised smaller?

Cheers.
Sad

Even with the latest version released two days back, the MySQL query class still hasn't been fixed.
Hi!

I cannot install my Ajax chat to MY Mybb fórum.

If i visit this: http://pokerkarrier.hu/forum/chat/install.php

I get this:

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/var/virtualmin/home/pokerkarrier/public_html/forum/chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/virtualmin/home/pokerkarrier/public_html/forum/chat/lib/classes.php on line 11

Please help.
Is there a way to prohibit guest from logging in and posting ?
(2009-03-03, 08:53 AM)Zayebis Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to prohibit guest from logging in and posting ?

lib/config.php (~line 113)

// Enable/Disable guest logins:
$config['allowGuestLogins'] = true;
// Enable/Disable write access for guest users - if disabled, guest users may not write messages:
$config['allowGuestWrite'] = true;

Set both fo false
Has anyone gotten this to work with MyBB perfectly? If so, please share with us how you did it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38