MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AJAX Chat - including MyBB integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
How i can add more grup as admin or moderator...?
How can I block guest users?

I found it!

Thx anyway!
Hi there,

Is there a way to create multiple instances of the live chat box using custom channel ID's?

Thanks in Advance.
I'm a novice user, can anyone tell me how to properly install it in myBB? What are the steps I have to perform to make it work?
I have for fun locally been trying to do this, but i every single time get an error when i try to install it. Error 1046 happens time after time again, and have no idea what i am doing wrong.
(2010-10-11, 04:04 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Here you go: Interesting threads and post on the Ajax Chat, these are what I used to figure it out.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-46457.html

http://community.mybb.com/thread-76419-p...#pid564230

http://community.mybb.com/thread-24837-p...#pid449785
(2012-11-07, 08:29 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Here you go: Interesting threads and post on the Ajax Chat, these are what I used to figure it out.

A thank you leefish after fiddling a bit more i found the reason why i didn't work. I did read through the thread and you mention a few times Ajax chat is quite a resource hog.

Because of that i have two more questions:

- How much of a resource hog is the program.
- Which changes can be made to reduce this besides the once already indicated on the wiki.
It is the constant connection to the server that makes it a hog - it is pinging away looking to see if there are any messages. All the time.

I did apply the index changes to the db as specified in the wiki and did not see any major gain. Really it should run on a socket, but the socket set up provided is out of date.

I am on a VPS and the dashed thing is a hog.
(2012-11-07, 01:51 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]It is the constant connection to the server that makes it a hog - it is pinging away looking to see if there are any messages. All the time.

I did apply the index changes to the db as specified in the wiki and did not see any major gain. Really it should run on a socket, but the socket set up provided is out of date.

I am on a VPS and the dashed thing is a hog.

Hmm yeah expected something like that, running it locally doesnt tell you much. It does run quite nicely and i really like some of the features. Just wished somebody would take a look at it improve certain aspects like the constant pining if at all possible. And make it a fully integrated version with MyBB.

Like:
  • Use ignore list from mybb
  • Use banned list from mybb
  • Chat channels set up in the adminCP
  • Moderation done through the modCP
  • Using MyBB's editor / smilies
  • Using the theme set for your site.

And also remove some of the elements that are not needed like that roll dice feature.

Would make it a great alternative for what i think i would like to do with this. But if its to much of a resource hog i am not sure its worth it.

Makes me also look more and more at digital ocean and wonder if its time to go cloud Toungue
Most of what you say is actually doable as a plugin via the custom php, but as it is really unsuitable for shared hosting environments (and that is where a lot of MyBB users are hosted) I think that creating a plugin for this chat would probably do more harm than good.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38