MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AJAX Chat - including MyBB integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
I'm trying to put the chat icon into MYBB now hehe.. I've put the code into the header template but not sure what to do about defining the links in the functions file or should i be putting it somewhere else?

Again i have looked through the FAQs, i hope i haven't missed this one too lol Smile

Any help is appreciated Smile
You didn't miss anything - editing MyBB forum files is not in the FAQ yet.
But I guess there's a MyBB mod author around here who will be able to answer MyBB specific questions.
Don't know if im being stupid or not or that its just to late to think

Is there a way to get whos in chat list near the whos online bit, and or a number next to my link to chat with the amount of current chaters.

Cheers
Alan
I don't know about the who's online bit but the other half is explained in a post i made, thanks to Lex hehe http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=25790 Smile
Thank you ill have a look!
nice i will ue this
Hello

I am an administrator on my MyBB forum which i have installed the Ajax Chat in, but when in chat and i try the /kick command it tells me im not allowed?? Any ideas

Cheers
AJAX Chat takes over MyBB's privileges the following way:
			// Take the userrole from the MyBB users primary group:
			if($mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 4)
				$userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_ADMIN;
			else if($mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 3)
				$userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_MODERATOR;
			else
				$userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_USER;
So maybe your Admin group doesn't have the group ID 4.

If someone knows of a better way to check for MyBB's user roles, please let me know.
madblueimp Wrote:AJAX Chat takes over MyBB's privileges the following way:
			// Take the userrole from the MyBB users primary group:
			if($mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 4)
				$userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_ADMIN;
			else if($mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 3)
				$userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_MODERATOR;
			else
				$userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_USER;
So maybe your Admin group doesn't have the group ID 4.

If someone knows of a better way to check for MyBB's user roles, please let me know.

Thanks for your reply, but how do i check which group id admins are, and which file is that code from so i can check this to.

Thank you
The forum integration logic of AJAX Chat is in lib/class/CustomAJAXChat.php.
You can check your MyBB usergroups IDs by having a look at the database table mybb_usergroups.
Anyway, I would rather ask MyBB specific questions in the appropriate forums, not in this thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38