MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AJAX Chat - including MyBB integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Hi All,

Any one please help to integrate AJAX chat with MyBB, where I am getting below error :

I can't install this chat becuz i get this error :

Query: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ajax_chat_online; Error-Report: Error-Code:

I edited config.php file and provided the necessary credentials for database and created tables successfully. Please note : I have one database for MyBB and another separate database for my chat room. When I tried to login into chat it is not taking user credentials from MyBB database, please let me know how to solve this issue.

Thanks in Advance,

Dinu
^ " I have one database for MyBB and another separate database for my chat room " <-- use MyBB's database for chat !!
hi Ranjani,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried tried created tables in MyBB's database too, but that is not working. Let me know how to solve this issue.

Regards,

Dinu
I've followed the directions here to add custom channels since my forum's categories never appeared when I installed it. (I didn't need all of them anyway) I have 3 sections: Public, private, and admin only. My two custom sections are admin only and private (public channel came with ajax chat by default). On the source website, there's a note here on the bottom that says I have to create custom conditions:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/aj...t_channels

The problem is, I can't find where on the site it tells me how I set permissions for the custom channels.
How would I set permissions for the custom channels?
Hi All,

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any one please help me on this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any one please help to integrate AJAX chat with MyBB, where I am getting below error :

I can't install this chat becuz i get this error :

Query: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ajax_chat_online; Error-Report: Error-Code:

I edited config.php file and provided the necessary credentials for database and created tables successfully. Please note : I have one database for MyBB and another separate database for my chat room. When I tried to login into chat it is not taking user credentials from MyBB database, please let me know how to solve this issue.

Thanks in Advance,

Dinu
i've seen an ajax chat on this forum www.astigtayo.com it is embeded on index page. how will we do it?
^ @harlenjoy , let me warn that this chat system is resource eating application & it is not suggested to embed it on forum page(s)
unless you have a dedicated server !! yet, if you want to embed it then the simple method is to use iframe code on index template

@Dinesh, recheck the config.php file for the chat. shown error is not clear ; it is not connecting to the database ..
@sir ranjani btw sir that is not my forum hehehe. mine is currently on working nurseph.com ! i just found that forum.
Hello, I love Ajax Chat and have used it for a long time on my board.
Unfortunately, even if it was open for registered users only, it was massively attacked by trolls and it's currently closed because of that. I've tried everything to improve my board security, from registration questions and captcha control. No success.
I created a group for users with more than 100 posts to automatically promote active and trusted members. I would love to let them use the chat again, along with administrators, etc. Unfortunately i couldn't find how to exclude member groups, it only applies to banned users.
Does anyone know how to "ban" specific groups only from chat access?
Thanks in advance...
Try this in your CustomAJAXChat.php

http://yoursite/pathtoforum/chat/lib/cla...AXChat.php round about line 73

function getValidLoginUserData() {
		global $mybb;
                      // users in the group below will never be able to login
                       if (in_array($mybb->user['usergroup'], array(6,7))) {

return false;
		}
		else	
		// Check if we have a valid registered user:

if($mybb->user['uid']) {
			$userData = array();
			$userData['userID'] = $mybb->user['uid'];

$userData['userName'] = $this->trimUserName($mybb->user['username']);

// Take the userrole from the MyBB users primary group:
			if($mybb->user['usergroup'] == 4)
				$userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_ADMIN;
			else if($mybb->user['usergroup'] == 3)
				$userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_MODERATOR;
			else
				$userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_USER;

return $userData;
		} else {
			// Guest users:
			return $this->getGuestUser();
		}
	}
	}
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38