MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AJAX Chat - including MyBB integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
i try to instal this plugin but i ricive error
Query: CREATE TABLE ajax_chat_online ( userID INT(11) NOT NULL, userName 
VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL, userRole INT(1) NOT NULL, channel INT(11) NOT NULL, dateTime 
DATETIME NOT NULL, ip VARBINARY(16) NOT NULL ) DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8
 COLLATE=utf8_bin; Error-Report: Error-Code: 
how i can fix?
Getting this up and running on my forum was a breeze. Customized, embedded into a simplified version of my layout and everything looks gorgeous. My members are loving it. Smile

My issue is how it appears in the "Who's Online" page. Since the main file is chat/index.php, it just shows everyone who is chatting as being on the main index.
I tried changing the file to chat/chatroom.php and adjusting lib/custom.php to point to that file instead of index. Works absolutely fine, but it's still showing up as "Main Index" on the "Who's Online" page.

I don't suppose anyone has found a workaround for this that I may not have thought of? Please let me know if you have!
Yes, I have. I made a very rough and ready who is online plugin that shows my users in chat on the Who is online. Big Grin Requires no edits to the chat plugin.

I am working on making it a bit more elegant, but if you want a copy to mess about with PM me.
(2012-06-27, 07:21 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I have. I made a very rough and ready who is online plugin that shows my users in chat on the Who is online. Big Grin Requires no edits to the chat plugin.

I am working on making it a bit more elegant, but if you want a copy to mess about with PM me.

I actually figured it out tonight. Probably a solution that is as rough as yours, but it is a solution. Smile

Definitely keep working on your plug-in though! This chat script seems to be really popular and I'm sure it'll come in useful for a lot of people who don't feel like/don't know how to go in and edit the raw files.
(2012-06-27, 07:36 AM)Adora Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely keep working on your plug-in though! This chat script seems to be really popular and I'm sure it'll come in useful for a lot of people who don't feel like/don't know how to go in and edit the raw files.

Well, the plugin I have made is for all Unknown Locations - it just happens to cover the chat Wink
I need to give a user group its own colour in the chat. I tried what is written in the following link but it has been an unsuccessful try for me. It is a bit urgent. Any idea?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ajax-cha...ic/5193469

SOLVED

What's written in the link above is perfectly working. I guess that guy who wrote the way was not write that for MYBB, it just requires some changes.

I am sure you should try that.
I tried to install it with mybb 1.6.8 and i ran this on my browser:
http://thefootballfactory.net/chat/install.php and got this error:
Error-Report: Database connection failed. Error-Code:

Could anyone please help me with this?

PS I have renamed the chat directory for security reasons.
(2012-07-25, 08:55 PM)SᴩiDᴇЯ Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to install it with mybb 1.6.8 and i ran this on my browser:
http://thefootballfactory.net/chat/install.php and got this error:
Error-Report: Database connection failed. Error-Code:

Could anyone please help me with this?

PS I have renamed the chat directory for security reasons.

I am interested in this chat too, but I wonder why did you rename the chat for security reasons ? Is there a potential security risk with that thing ?

As much as I would like to try this thing, but can't get it to work. When I try to install it always says:

Quote:Query: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ajax_chat_online; Error-Report: Error-Code:

Yes, and I have checked the settings for the DB in the config.php, they are correct, and the same I use for my MyBB forum. I triple, quadriple and whatever else checked it. I can't passed that point. I downloaded the latest Version of the Chat, which is 0.8.5a.

I am about to give up on this. I read almost all 35 pages here about this, seeing what others did with that error. And those that said that they got it working didn't really care what they did to get it work. Sad

What I did wrong was how the syntax of the Database settings in the config.php was supposed to be.

And not to be like so many here just saying "Its ok, i got it fixed. It works now..." which helps absolutely noone, Angry below is how it works for me. Wink

This way:
// Database connection values:
$config['dbConnection'] = array();
// Database hostname:
$config['dbConnection']['host'] = localhost;
// Database username:
$config['dbConnection']['user'] = yourDBuser;
// Database password:
$config['dbConnection']['pass'] = yourDBpass;
// Database name:
$config['dbConnection']['name'] = yourDBname;
// Database type:
$config['dbConnection']['type'] = mysql;
// Database link:
$config['dbConnection']['link'] = null;

it was finally working for me. On the Ajax Chat WIKI i found it a different way.

$config['dbConnection']['host'] = 'your_database_hostname';
$config['dbConnection']['user'] = 'your_database_username';
$config['dbConnection']['pass'] = 'your_database_password';
$config['dbConnection']['name'] = 'your_database_name';

And thats how I tried it in the beginning (which didn't work), with the ' ' characters around the necessary DB information. A bit confusing if you ask me, but it works now. Wink

A little question though.

This Ajax Chat, is it very resource (Memory, CPU) intense as for the resources on a Webserver ? I am asking because there are a lot Webhosters that don't allow hosting a real Chat where the Webspace works as a Server, for obvious resources on their Customer's accounts. How is it with this one here ?

Wolfseye
It is a devil of a resource hog. I do not advise it on shared webhost accounts
Yes, my hoster said the same pretty much. He said I can try it, but if its too much, they will shut it down. So I stopped myself and went back to using good old IRC Webchat included. Still the best for that sorta thing, and its hosted on other Servers. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38