MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AJAX Chat - including MyBB integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
sith717 Wrote:Noooo! The link doesnt work anymore! I needed that shoutbox!
Which link doesn't work anymore? The AJAX Chat project site is still up and running. Smile

DragonLord Wrote:Check out the Mod section it might be there.
I didn't submit it to the Mod section yet as it isn't a real mod - you don't have to modify anything on your board. Big Grin
It's rather a standalone software which integrates nicely with MyBB (and other forum software).

maatty Wrote:That is a very nice Ajax Chat. However, it would have been perfect if it didn't keep the previous chat sessions. Is there is anyway to force it clear up those old chat sessions without having to do that manually?
That's already integrated - if you look at the server-side config file, you'll find the following two options:
// Defines if old messages are purged from the database:
$config['logsPurgeLogs'] = false;
// Max time difference in days for old messages before they are purged from the database:
$config['logsPurgeTimeDiff'] = 365;
If that is what you've been looking for. Smile
madblueimp Wrote:
maatty Wrote:That is a very nice Ajax Chat. However, it would have been perfect if it didn't keep the previous chat sessions. Is there is anyway to force it clear up those old chat sessions without having to do that manually?
That's already integrated - if you look at the server-side config file, you'll find the following two options:
// Defines if old messages are purged from the database:
$config['logsPurgeLogs'] = false;
// Max time difference in days for old messages before they are purged from the database:
$config['logsPurgeTimeDiff'] = 365;
If that is what you've been looking for. Smile

Thanks a lot madblueimp. I didn't notice that before. I change the code and it works perfectly now.
You're welcome. Smile
hi...i just installed the shoutbox...adn i have a problem: when i try to connect to it i get this :
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 1006 is not allowed to access /var/tmp/ owned by uid 0 in /storage0/home/teenissues.ilive.ro/www/chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php on line 2116

Fatal error: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Failed to initialize storage module: files (path: ) in /storage0/home/teenissues.ilive.ro/www/chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php on line 2116

could you please tell me what to do??? i really want to use your shoutbox !!! plus, i'm working on a romanian translation of the shoutbox !!!
According to my tests, AJAX Chat runs no matter if PHP's safe_mode is On or Off.

Did you try the latest version 0.5.5?
I removed the session handling and database connections out of the shoutbox class - Shoutbox users are now logged in with the first AJAX request.
it's not my host...it's a free host... Sad so i can't really do anything!!! can't you tell me a solution to my problem without involving the host???
Maybe it's not possible to use PHP sessions without modifiying the session_save_path on your webhost.
MyBB stores user session in the database but AJAX Chat uses plain PHP sessions.

You could try the following:
Create a new directory called "lib/sessions":
[CHAT_DIRECTORY]/lib/sessions
Make sure this directory is writable for the webserver - use your FTP-Program to set directory permissions (set it to 777 if you're unsure).

Edit lib/custom.php the following way:
// Set the path of the directory used to save session data:
session_save_path(AJAX_CHAT_PATH.'lib/sessions/');

// MyBB initialization:
define('IN_MYBB', 1);
chdir(AJAX_CHAT_PATH.'../');
require(AJAX_CHAT_PATH.'../global.php');
thnx 4 the advice...it works like a charm...!!! Big Grin tomorrow i'll post the translation if you're interested!!!Big Grin
kamikaze666 Wrote:thnx 4 the advice...it works like a charm...!!! Big Grin tomorrow i'll post the translation if you're interested!!!Big Grin

Sure - it would be nice if you could sign up on my forum and post on the AJAX Chat localization thread.
2morrow i'll finish the translation...but i have 2 questions: 1. how can i make my shoutbox work like the one on your forum??? i mean in a pop-up window with a fixed height and width??? and 2. will the link on my forum show the number of loged users in the chat by default or do i have to add something else to the code ???pls tell me !!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38