MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AJAX Chat - including MyBB integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
i have installed the chat but it did not take my mybb forums into the channel how can i fix this?
Anyone know what to do for my sites usernames to be included when they login to chat? AT the moment it asks them to sign up again and I just know that lads will find their usernames nicked.

I cant find anything on the official page as it refers to the 'standalone' version which contains files the mybb version doesnt (Or so the site tells me)
You'll find the MyBB files that you need here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ajax-chat/files/
Just click the 0.8.3 version and select the mybb.zip files
I also tried this - with the files you linked to - and I had no success. Is there a tutorial on how to set this up?
The zip file has the readme.txt and it does work fine. You may have to fill out your server inforamation in the config.php file located in chat/lib/config.php before the install will work fine. once that is done add the icon to the top of the links and you set. this was the only part I followed with the exception I had to edit the config.php to get the install.php to work

1. Upload to the server
--------------------

Upload the chat folder to your server into your MyBB forum directory:
e.g. http://example.org/mybb/chat/

2. Creation of database tables
---------------------------

Execute the provided installation script by visiting the following URL with your browser:
http://example.org/mybb/chat/install.php

Replace "http://example.org/mybb/chat/" with the real URL to your chat directory.

3. Delete the installation script
------------------------------

Delete the file install.php from the chat directory on your server.

Ready! Just place a link to the chat directory on your forum. Smile
Tried that and double tried that. then changed the config file and now all I get is:

"Query: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ajax_chat_online; Error-Report: Error-Code: " on install.php

I have amended my config file to read:

// Database connection values:
$config['dbConnection'] = array();
// Database hostname:
$config['dbConnection']['host'] = 'localhost';
// Database username:
$config['dbConnection']['user'] = 'XXXXXXX;
// Database password:
$config['dbConnection']['pass'] = 'XXXXXX';
// Database name:
$config['dbConnection']['name'] = 'XXXXXX';
// Database type:
$config['dbConnection']['type'] = 'mySQL';
// Database link:
$config['dbConnection']['link'] = null;

BUt this is not helping matters. You said I need to change my config file for install to work, but what do I have to change?
Ok, Dont ask em what did as I dont know but it seems to be working now thanks
No what I said was I had to put my info in there before the install.php would work. If you did that and it doesn't then I don't know why its not. You did edit the correct file here is mine

// Database connection values:
$config['dbConnection'] = array();
// Database hostname:
$config['dbConnection']['host'] = 'localhost';
// Database username:
$config['dbConnection']['user'] = 'copasoci_dpdurst';
// Database password:
$config['dbConnection']['pass'] = 'xxxxxxxxx';
// Database name:
$config['dbConnection']['name'] = 'copasoci_copasocial';
// Database type:
$config['dbConnection']['type'] = 'mysql';
// Database link:
$config['dbConnection']['link'] = null;
That looks right. I dont know what I was doing wrong but it seems to be working fine now cheers
Aaaggghh, my users now want the chat limited to certain users. basically my site has a user group called 'Restricted' and the majority fall into this category.

Do you know, if I change the ajax chat user ID's to match myBB ones will that limit access to chat? In other words, if I set 'users' in Ajax chat to ID 8 (which is the ID of this group in mybb) will normal users now be unable to access chat?
Ok this is a real stupid question: No I need to create a new database or will the tables be added to mybboard current database?

Also, will my members need to login again in order to access the chat?

Thanks in advance
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38