MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: wordpress bridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Is there a way to redirect the comment system to the forum?

I mean, what I would like is if someone wants to comment about some topic, to get redirected to the forum.
Yeah, I did. I read the previous posts, and well, one suggestion, on the readme specify on which files you have to edit the code, because you just say what you need to replace but no where...

Now back to the topic, I tried with 'Comments on WP' on and off, nothing works, well I still get the links to comment on WP, and last night I spent some couple of hours trying to find what to change on WordPress, I just managed to change some couple of things, but commenting or getting redirected to MyBB instead of commenting on WP still is not possible, at least not for me....

This is the testing website. Forum | WordPress

On MyBB, the test is being made on 'Noticias y contacto'. Feel free to post there and on WordPress. Those two websites are just for testing purposes.
Hangman Wrote:I'll check that this evening Smile

Did you check?
I hope you fix it.
Thanks.
Allright, I changed the part of wpmybb_comments_popup_link on index.php of the default theme.

And yes I made that comment with WP system.

So, you say if I add this for example should work?
if (!wpmybb_get_thread_link()) { 
wp_comments_popup_link('No Comments »', '1 Comment »', '% Comments »');
} else {
wpmybb_comments_popup_link('No Comments »', '1 Comment »', '% Comments »');
}

This is my current index file.
<?php get_header(); ?>

<div id="content" class="narrowcolumn">

<?php if (have_posts()) : ?>

<?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>

<div class="post" id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>">
				<h2><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php the_title(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h2>
				<small><?php the_time('F jS, Y') ?> <!-- by <?php the_author() ?> --></small>

<div class="entry">
					<?php the_content('Read the rest of this entry »'); ?>
				</div>

<p class="postmetadata">Posted in <?php the_category(', ') ?> | <?php edit_post_link('Edit', '', ' | '); ?>  <?php wpmybb_comments_popup_link('No Comments »', '1 Comment »', '% Comments »'); ?></p>
			</div>

<?php endwhile; ?>

<div class="navigation">
			<div class="alignleft"><?php next_posts_link('« Previous Entries') ?></div>
			<div class="alignright"><?php previous_posts_link('Next Entries »') ?></div>
		</div>

<?php else : ?>

<h2 class="center">Not Found</h2>
		<p class="center">Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.</p>
		<?php include (TEMPLATEPATH . "/searchform.php"); ?>

<?php endif; ?>

</div>

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

<?php get_footer(); ?>

Hangman Wrote:@InEviTaBLe_EnD: please link your WP and MyBB setups and, if possible, IM me.

Unfortunately, my WP and MyBB setups are on my localhost.
Hangman Wrote:@InEviTaBLe_EnD: can you post your theme's index.php file?

I send it as attachment.

[attachment=7546]
Hangman Wrote:As I said Smile, you have to edit your theme's index.php file.
Just replace:

<p class="postmetadata">Kategori: <?php the_category(', ') ?> | <?php edit_post_link('Düzenle', '', ' | '); ?>  <?php comments_popup_link('Yorum Yok »', '1 Yorum »', '% Yorum »'); ?></p>

with:

<p class="postmetadata">Kategori: <?php the_category(', ') ?> | <?php edit_post_link('Düzenle', '', ' | '); ?>  <?php if(wpmybb_get_thread_link()==false) comments_popup_link('Yorum Yok »', '1 Yorum »', '% Yorum »'); else wpmybb_comments_popup_link('Yorum Yok »', '1 Yorum »', '% Yorum »'); ?></p>

Thank you, but it doesn't work.
Still comments don't appear.
Hangman Wrote:I'm not able to estabilish a telepathic connection to your server Smile
You should give more info, like:
- what does wpmybb_get_thread_link() return? var_dump it
Also, uploading both WP and MyBB installs and database would help a lot.

I think you absolutely must install WP and MyBB on your localhost or on a server and you must check your plugin's all features.
In this way, you can find all bugs and fix them.
Thanks and keep up the good work.
I can't get the plugin to find the mybb for the "Post Section" of the config in Wordpress. I always get "Mybb Not Found(check URL)". This is what i have for my Mybb address http://callofduty4.mygamesonline.org/forum I'm using WP 2.2.3 and MyBB 1.2.9. Thanks!
Yea I updated my profile. Have a look there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24