MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: wordpress bridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
TheOnE Wrote:Its actually not as hard as it sounds. In essence, there would be a php call something like get_replies that is pasted within the comments.php of wordpress where get_replies gets the replies from the corresponding topic id. Then the reply or comment link redirects to the corresponding topic id in mybb.

For reference, there is a hack for this for bbpress here: http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/hack-bb-...replies=16

Edit: Also now that I look at it, hangman is working on a mechanism to post topics made in mybb into wp, I am looking to post comments made in mybb into wp under the corresponding topic....I know this can be done!

Thanks Hangman!

Sorry, misunderstood that.
Yeah, I also thik it's best to show comments on myBB and on WP.

Best would be if the user wouldn't notice the 2 are linked. Like when you comment in WP, a reply is created in myBB but user stays on the WP side. If you reply in myBB, the comment also shows in WP, but the user stays on the forum.
xiao Wrote:
TheOnE Wrote:Its actually not as hard as it sounds. In essence, there would be a php call something like get_replies that is pasted within the comments.php of wordpress where get_replies gets the replies from the corresponding topic id. Then the reply or comment link redirects to the corresponding topic id in mybb.

For reference, there is a hack for this for bbpress here: http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/hack-bb-...replies=16

Edit: Also now that I look at it, hangman is working on a mechanism to post topics made in mybb into wp, I am looking to post comments made in mybb into wp under the corresponding topic....I know this can be done!

Thanks Hangman!

Sorry, misunderstood that.
Yeah, I also thik it's best to show comments on myBB and on WP.

Best would be if the user wouldn't notice the 2 are linked. Like when you comment in WP, a reply is created in myBB but user stays on the WP side. If you reply in myBB, the comment also shows in WP, but the user stays on the forum.

Although transparency is the key, I do think that that might get a bit messy. Maybe I just cant get my head around it, but, I dont see how you can keep wp's comment mechanism and mybb's at the same time....

And, I actually think that I would prefer that my reader go to the forum to comment, not to see the comment but to actually comment. I would like them to know that there is a forum...plus I think that it is neater that way...

My 2 cents...

But I am no pro, hangman is!
I see you have the posting and updating ready Smile
Nice progress
I must say that I'm very excited for this release. Smile
I'm glad to see this is being done, and I'd definitely use this on my blog too Smile
I will certainly be excited to see an actual wordpress bridge. It would open a LOT of possibilities for mybb.
I'm switching over to WordPress for my site, so this would be great!
nice progress once again Big Grin
no excuses young boy Toungue

j/k, take all the time you need. If it wasn't for you, there wouldn't be a bridge at all, so nobody will be mad or something :p
I wish I was multi-talented too! Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24