MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: wordpress bridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Please turpentine. If you have ever looked around, even a bit, you could tell that MyBB is and will always will be a 'free' product.

I promise we will not be another IPB.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Source
Quote:Open source software — software whose source code is published and made available to the public, enabling anyone to copy, modify and redistribute the source code without paying royalties or fees. Open source code evolves through community cooperation. These communities are composed of individual programmers as well as very large companies.

Though we may not be a completely Open source software, we offer the source code for free and available to the public enabled anyone to copy, modify, and redistribute the source code, as long as the EULA is met. MyBB will most likely remain under a modified GPL. More information here: http://mybboard.com/license.php

Again, you should not not be worrying about us screwing you over. We won't.

Any lastly, any more posts in this thread about open source will be deleted. It's way off topic, and I don't want another one of these useless 'open source' threads.
still no bridge yet? Sad
I'll be following this thread too Smile
I've created a WP-MyBB bridge for MyBB Fans. But right now it's not in a release-able state.
Thanks for the info! I'm sure many will be willing to wait if you do decide to release it Smile Would it require either MyBB or Wordpress to start with a clean user database?
I tried Joomla before and a bridge with that for IPB generally needed the forum to have a cleared user database - not particularly ideal for those with active forums ^^
Dennis Tsang Wrote:I've created a WP-MyBB bridge for MyBB Fans. But right now it's not in a release-able state.

why?
When will this come out?
Arrrggghhh!!! Sorry. I'm just so frustrated at the lack of integration for this wonderful forum. I keep popping back in here and running a search desperately hoping some clever programmer has offered to share with the rest of us but it's just not happening.

I wanted to move out of the joomla/SMF trap with my large community site for many reasons including performance and security issues but I just can't find a way to do it using mybb.

I need to have the user data integrated so that some of the content on the main site is for members only and that would be the same members that are in the forum.

I don't want to move back to SMF but it looks like there is no other way. At least I can integrate it with a good cms like Drupal or Wordpress. Phpbb has been integrated with everything in the know universe but it's too insecure and lacks certain features I want. SMF has everything but it's HUGE and - like Joomla - resource greedy. Mybb was (is) perfect as a forum but useless for a combined community cms/forum.

It makes me so sad to have to leave mybb I almost want to cry LOL

Absolutely no disrespect meant to any of the great people working on this forum - I just wish I knew how to do this stuff so I could do it myself for everyone in the same boat. But I can't. Sad
DennisTT Wrote:I've created a WP-MyBB bridge for MyBB Fans.  But right now it's not in a release-able state.

If you were willing to share what you have now I might have the time this weekend to make it a plugin (if possible).

I also would be very satisfied with a mybb-wp bridge.
Maybe this helps:
http://wordpress.org/tags/integration

Anyway, I'm looking for a way to use both together and I'm pretty sure I'll find a way :-)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24