MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: wordpress bridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
I just stumbled upon this thread and I admit, I can not wait to see this! I have wp and I am looking for a great integrated forum.

My one request, I checked out your site and it seems that the user is redirected to the forum to view comments, can you add code that redirects any comments made within forums to the WP comments template? For instance, a post is posted. That post goes to the forums, as you have it now. A person replies to that post/forum topic and the comment now shows up in the comments section of the wp blog. If another person wants to comment, they click "comment" and are sent to the corresponding thread. If a person just wants to see the comments, they can look at them in WP....

Hope thats clear! I would love this!!!

Thanks!!!
that would be a lot of redirecting :s
Thinks it's easier to reply in the thread and use WP as some kind of news page.
xiao Wrote:that would be a lot of redirecting :s
Thinks it's easier to reply in the thread and use WP as some kind of news page.

Its actually not as hard as it sounds. In essence, there would be a php call something like get_replies that is pasted within the comments.php of wordpress where get_replies gets the replies from the corresponding topic id. Then the reply or comment link redirects to the corresponding topic id in mybb.

For reference, there is a hack for this for bbpress here: http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/hack-bb-...replies=16

Edit: Also now that I look at it, hangman is working on a mechanism to post topics made in mybb into wp, I am looking to post comments made in mybb into wp under the corresponding topic....I know this can be done!

Thanks Hangman!
^EXACTLY!!!!! I cant wait to try this plugin! Is there a Beta I can sign up for Wink ?

PS: I have to look into getting a gp2x. I have been meaning to for a while.
Threatening to kill you? That is a bit harsh...

Anyway to add to my feature request...If the user's mybb avatar showed up in the comments section in WP, that would be awesome as well. I assume we would have to insert some type of template tag into our theme/comments field to pick up the comments from mybb? Am I correct? That is the only way that I have seen it done.

Edit: I guess we would have to style it with some css as well....
Hangman Wrote:@TheOne: So basically you want that the comments posted on MyBB are also shown in the corresponding WordPress post, but the users must be able to add comments only posting in the MyBB thread, right? I'll make this, you'll be able to enable this feature activating a checkbox in the options panel.

See ya

I wanted that feature too
you can call it "read only wp" Smile
i cannot ask for more as this is the only thing i need Smile
I call this a win-win situation! Big Grin And you should definitely submit for the Wp-Plugins contest! I don't mind waiting myself...
Hangman Wrote:
flick Wrote:I call this a win-win situation! Big Grin And you should definitely submit for the Wp-Plugins contest! I don't mind waiting myself...

That is the problem: if I submit it for the contest, I can't release it until the end of July. So I think I'll make another plugin for the contest since I want to release this Smile
What do you think about that?

Im happy with that!!! Toungue

I cant wait to use this thing sounds amazing!
Whichever works best for you Smile Do you already have another plugin in mind for the contest?
Smile Sounds good to me ^^ There's always the WP forums if you need ideas and such ^^
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24