MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: wordpress bridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
www.wehavexplosive.com is down Sad

I'm looking forward to hear from this plugin. It's great!
anybody know if an updated version of the mod will be released? The Wordpress comments not being populated to myBB are quite anoying to me... (still, this bridge is brilliant work!)
I'm trying to amend my template so it handles comments correctly. Currently with wpmybb activated, the WPcomments are not populated to mybb, nor do they appear in WP.[attachment=8524]

I isolated the line in the template:
<div class="comments"><a href="<?php comments_link(); ?>"><?php comments_number('0 commentaire','1 commentaire','% commentaires'); ?></a></div>
</div>
(french template)

I tried to change it to several options, including:
<div class="comments"><?php if(wpmybb_get_thread_link()==false) comments_popup_link('0 commentaire', '1 commentaire', '% commentaires'); else wpmybb_comments_popup_link('0 commentaire', '1 commentaire', '% commentaires'); ?></div>
which made the most sense to me Rolleyes

Still the comment system doesn't work.. They are stored in the DB but do not appear in WP or myBB.

I'm out of it... care for a bit help? Big Grin
Indeed...! You got it right (thanks for your understanding Wink ).
I noticed it was indeed working as you depicted : additional posts in the mybb thread appear as comments in WP (good!).
Unfortunately the entry point to my website is WP. The users are used to comment directly within the comment system, which I'd like to automatically feed the mybb threads...

Do you think it is difficult how to achieve that ? I'm trying hard but my knowledge in php & else is limited.. How about errr.... a bit of help? Rolleyes
thanks for your quick (!) reply. And for your answer Smile. Any idea on the progress to 0.9 ...? (ok... one more waiting for it Rolleyes )
That's sweet! I might be using this... didn't know this was around o.0.
Hi Hangman,
Glad to hear that !
Considering beta-testing, I'vn't got so much time (some over the weekend...), therefore I'd be glad to candidate as a "second choice" if needed. I've just started a new blog therefore I can either uninstall version 0.8 or upgrade to upcoming 0.9 of wpmybb Wink
Best'
Thanks Hangman for your effort, I´ll test it too as soon as you release it

I´m running
> wordpress 2.3.3
> mybb 1.2.12

and the latest release of your plugin didnt work.
Question concerning WordPress: I intend to use this plug-in & I want to know if Wordpress is really parsed much better by GoogleBot than is the portal page of MyBB?
Hangman Wrote:
aglioeolio Wrote:Thanks Hangman for your effort, I´ll test it too as soon as you release it

I´m running
> wordpress 2.3.3
> mybb 1.2.12

and the latest release of your plugin didnt work.

Could you please exactly describe what kind of problem you're experiencing? Thanks in advance. Smile

hmm.. sorry, I´ve disabled all WP plugins and just installed now
it wasn´t finding mybb location before with a lot of plugins working

this is working great:
- New topic on mybb is created on Blog
- New post in Blog is created on specific Forum
- both wp and mybb are utf-8, characters are perfect Big Grin

And my problem:

- "guest" is the author from new topics on Forum. uid=1 is nobody in mybb database, could this value be edited somewhere?
- comments on blog doesn´t appear in forum and vice-versa they are not supported yet by this plugin

mybb Plugins I use:
- AjaxQuickReply
- Spoiler bbcode
- Multivideos

Please, if you could, launch a version with merged users this will be amazing Big Grin

off-Topic - If anyone is interested, this is a code to insert WP login form in Sidebar just like Forum style

http://blue-anvil.com/archives/wordpress...get-update

Thanks Hangman
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24