MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: wordpress bridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
flick Wrote:Not sure why everyone is so keen to upgrade to 2.5. Seriously worth waiting a few weeks whilst WP iron out the bugs. With such a change in the backend etc. it's bound to have bugs that haven't been picked up. Big Grin

http://technorati.com/weblog/2008/04/424.html

Quote:Vulnerable WordPress Blogs Not Being Indexed

This is a follow up on our post regarding a problem affecting thousands of WordPress blogs, Patch or Upgrade Your Wordpress Installation, Now. WordPress has since released version 2.5. However, we've noticed that a large number of blogs remain vulnerable to the security issue addressed by the 2.3.3 release.

Blogs that have been compromised by this security vulnerability are typified by having links to spam destinations inserted onto the blog page. These link insertions may be invisible to casual observations; the links are often obscured by style attributes that render them invisible. These links are still seen by crawlers such as Technorati's, Google's and Yahoo's. You can find these links by viewing the source of the blog pages or, when using Firefox, looking under "Tools" -> "Page Info" -> "Links". Blogs hosted on wordpress.com are not affected by this issue; only blogs hosted on their own installations of WordPress from wordpress.org require concern.

Because of this ongoing problem, we're discontinuing processing crawls of blogs that exhibit common symptoms of being compromised. We strongly recommend upgrading your WordPress installation. Even if you haven't been afflicted by a compromise, by the time you are aware that you have been a number of negative consequences may have already occurred (for instance, flagged spam by Technorati, Google or Yahoo!) -- this has been reported by many WordPress users.

If you have questions about installing WordPress or maintaining a WordPress installation, please refer to the WordPress Documentation or the WordPress Forums. If you feel that your blog is not vulnerable to this hack but your WordPress blog is not being updated, please contact Technorati support staff.

Now there is no choice =/
Thanks for the info Smile I did read about that as well on WBTC but it seems 2.3.3 and 2.0.11 blogs are the fine for the moment; as each as the latest/most secure of that particular series. I've actually already upgraded one of my blogs to 2.5, and am still not afan of the interface >_< Some nice touches where the admin interface is ajax'ified, but overall I think it's less intuitive than before. ^^
fyi hangman, checked the bridge on wp2.5... works lik a charm Smile
There is a bug concerning the comments.

posts on mybb are displayed correct in the comments of wordpress (beside the mybb code of course)

But you can't write a comment on wordpress any more. When you click on submit, you are redirected to the article page, but there is no comment.

(I am using WP 2.51)
hi,

does this plugin does what is really required ? Bascially what was required that if someone registered on WP or MyBB then they would be able to use same user/pass on Wp or MyBB. And if logged into MyBB or Wp then going to MyBB or WP would show them logged in etc.

Is the plugin doing the above or its just copying posts/comments here and there ?

Thanks.
just posts...

many upgrades of WP side make this plugin this way I think.
Is there a way to strip HTML from the Wordpress posts that get passed to MyBB?
It's usual to disable HTML in a forum so that no one can fill it with spam and malicious code. But WP posts contain HTML tags, anchors, images, links and so on... and their HTML code looks ugly as a forum post, and images don't show.
Where do you upload the file?
Would this plugin work for Wordpress MU and an existing Mybb? I'm trying to integrate them. It's weird though, my Mybb is on my .com and my new wordpress mu is on my .net. Any advice would be helpful!

Thanks!
Hi,

I can't get the MyBB Wordpress Bridge plugin to work...

When I go into wordpress plugins to edit the plugin info I come to a page where it asks me to give the myBB URL with no trailing slash, so I put in the URL.

Problem is, after submitting the URL I always get "Mybb Not Found(Check URL)". This is what i have for my Mybb address http://www.mobilerumors.net/forums I'm using WP 2.3.3 and MyBB 1.2.13. Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24