MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: wordpress bridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Is there any reason why wpmybb_comments_popup_link wouldn't return the link to the thread inside of comments.php in Wordpress? You were helping me last night try to get rid of the Leave a Reply box, and when I finally managed to do that, I couldn't manage to get wpmybb_comments_popup_link to return a link to the thread. I tried with the following examples.

< a href="<?php wpmybb_comments_popup_link(); ?>">Leave a Reply</a>

and
<?php wpmybb_comments_popup_link('Leave a Reply');?>

But neither did anything, and after doing a var dump like you instructed me to last night, it showed that wpmybb_comments_popup_link() wasn't returning anything at all.

Am I just using it wrong?
Yes, it works now.

However, something new is happening.

Edit

Sorry, just wasn't testing thoroughly enough and was trying to add comments to threads that already had a MyBB thread. The system works as correctly.
So I have a new project.. its a blog with forum.. should I not try to use this then? so it doesnt mess up the website? then again.. can just make a backup and try it right? Big Grin
Zalaki Wrote:So I have a new project.. its a blog with forum.. should I not try to use this then? so it doesnt mess up the website? then again.. can just make a backup and try it right? Big Grin

I would try to use this first. It won't mess up your website seeing as all you need to do to revert would be to deactivate the plugins, and maybe keep a copy of your theme on WordPress, though the reversion process for that would be removing a few lines of text.
Just to tell you all.. someone told me that google Penalizes websites for dublicate content..

wouldnt, this give us that problem?
Zalaki Wrote:Just to tell you all.. someone told me that google Penalizes websites for dublicate content..

Well every big forum has duplicate content as people don't always see something is already posted. So I don't think it will hurt you that much Toungue. If it's even true that is.
Zalaki Wrote:Just to tell you all.. someone told me that google Penalizes websites for dublicate content..

Google generally takes that into account, it's a matter of "within reason", or at least as well as their algorithms can determine. They assume to a certain degree that blogs and forums will also have archives that reflect the same content.

If you're really concerned about it tho, just use a robots.txt to tell Google not to bother indexing your forums (or blog, take your pick which one to exclude).
Hangman Wrote:Hmm, I don't think I actually understood what's your problem.
Could you make a practical example, i.e. the code you put in your post and what it becomes after the edit?

Well a specific example would be any Youtube object code for embedding video, so as an example of that...
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x06V-l6k3I8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x06V-l6k3I8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

It posts just fine, but if I happen to go back and edit, it completely disappears. *poof*

Some other things get nulled too, for instance this:
<code class="smalltext">I like some of my code small</code>
Gets turned into this, wiping out the class:
<code>I like some of my code small</code>

Seems quirky how these things go through on initial postings then get filtered out on later edits.

Quote:Anyway I noticed that you don't display any "Last comment by" line, but just a "Leave a reply" link. If you change "comments_popup_link" to "wpmybb_comments_popup_link" in your WP theme, WP/MyBB will manage all this stuff for you (you should also turn off the "Comments on WP" option in the configuration panel).

Yes, if you recall my Wordpress blog is on a different domain (different subdomain to be exact), which the bridge doesn't like for posting comments from Wordpress -to- MyBB (though the other way around works fine), my guess was it relies on cookies? So that's my temporary workaround. I'm hoping that's something you can get fixed for the next release. =)

Heh sorry if I'm making your to-do list grow.
Where do I download this bridge? Thanks
thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24