MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyTabs - Tabbed Forum Browsing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Where/What is the code plugin that I may put it on another page?

The ability to show what groups see what tabs would make this a must-have plugin.
(2015-04-01, 02:21 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-31, 02:17 PM)Hamster24 Wrote: [ -> ]getting error
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=456
You have selected an invalid project.

I checked and approved it now.

@EthanD
This query (used 2 times) is redundant and takes up server resources for no reason:
$query = $db->simple_select('users', 'default_tab', "`uid`='{$mybb->user['uid']}'");

since you can simply access that with already available $mybb->user array - $mybb->user['default_tab']

And you're using $db->escape_string() incorrectly here:
eval("\$forums .= \"".$db->escape_string("<div id=\"tab_nav_{$current_iteration}\" style=\"{$display}\">".$setting['tab_list_html'])."</div>\";");
As the object and function name suggest, it's for escaping strings before using them in DB queries. Doing that on HTML output may end up in unexpected results. Not sure what's it's purpose here.

What in the world... I'll look into the escape_string thing. Oh and the $mybb->user issue is already fixed (I've been looking through things the past couple days working on optimization).

Thanks for the heads up! I wasn't very good with performance back in the day. Looking through all of my old code gives me chills.
Is there a way you can make it adapt to the forum's theme?
(2015-04-03, 12:50 AM)Almighty™ Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way you can make it adapt to the forum's theme?

The tab has a template system that can be customized. Try using the "thead", "throw", and "tcat" classes. With the default forum theme, I was having difficulty making it look nice with the stylesheets provided, so I just made some random ones.

But you should be able to customize it any way you like.
Where I can find it in templates?
I want to move it...
(2015-04-03, 01:21 PM)Ikerepc Wrote: [ -> ]Where I can find it in templates?
I want to move it...

It does not use templates. It hooks into the display of the forum and overrides the default forum generation to use its own custom display technique. The tabs are created by evaluating the custom templates offered within the MyTabs settings panel.
How I can move it before forum breadcumbs (part wich says where you are...)?
(2015-04-03, 07:14 PM)Ikerepc Wrote: [ -> ]How I can move it before forum breadcumbs (part wich says where you are...)?

Yes, or add to search page.
(2015-04-03, 07:14 PM)Ikerepc Wrote: [ -> ]How I can move it before forum breadcumbs (part wich says where you are...)?

(2015-04-04, 02:28 PM)user25 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, or add to search page.

Currently you can not do this. The tabs are added before the forums when they are generated in the plugin. You would have to hook the plugin to activate before forum generation and display them there.
It has some problem with shoutbox , my shoutbox stopped showing any shouts!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21