MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyTabs - Tabbed Forum Browsing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
I find the version labrocca made a lot more efficient. Yours is laggy and slow.
There is no admin/mytabs.lang.php file!
(2011-03-03, 06:45 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-02, 04:17 AM)Lith Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, at last. An easily customizable tab plugin, unlike labrocca's, which needs major work to just change the colors.

Changing the colours for Labrocca's plug-in takes under 2 minutes in tabbed.css.

It took me 10 minutes to correctly manage it.
(2011-03-05, 08:48 PM)Lith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-02, 04:17 AM)Lith Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, at last. An easily customizable tab plugin, unlike labrocca's, which needs major work to just change the colors.

Changing the colours for Labrocca's plug-in takes under 2 minutes in tabbed.css.

Don't you mean 10 minutes to figure it out? It's in Tabbed Menu release notes. Also for my plugin you change colors in the forums the exact same way you change colors for anything in MyBB. You edit tabbed.css in the admincp. I use MyBB standards for my plugins.

Overall I don't see how any of this relates to the release here and I'm sure OP doesn't want his plugin compared to mine in his release thread. It's a good plugin. If you find it intuitive and useful then so be it.
(2011-03-04, 05:55 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]I find the version labrocca made a lot more efficient. Yours is laggy and slow.

That's with the AJAX setting on, as it reloads the page. It will take longer, and I'm re-doing the other version (which is quicker), to fix the current problems with it and make it better to use.

(2011-03-06, 02:25 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Overall I don't see how any of this relates to the release here and I'm sure OP doesn't want his plugin compared to mine in his release thread. It's a good plugin. If you find it intuitive and useful then so be it.

Thank you.

Just to let everyone know what's been up-

My laptop charger decided to stop working, so I am currently waiting for a new adapter to be shipped in. So since I was halfway through making some changes to the plugin, and since my desktop is annoying and old, I will be waiting to update this plugin until the new adapter arrives.

It should come in sometime at the end of this week (March 9th - March 11th), so I will try and finish up the new version by then.

Thanks for all the positive feedback!
(2011-03-06, 02:25 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-05, 08:48 PM)Lith Wrote: [ -> ]

Don't you mean 10 minutes to figure it out? It's in Tabbed Menu release notes. Also for my plugin you change colors in the forums the exact same way you change colors for anything in MyBB. You edit tabbed.css in the admincp. I use MyBB standards for my plugins.

That and to find the correct colors that go with each other. But that was back when I didn't know what Firebug/Google Chrome's element inspector was, and was completely new. I forgot my password to MyBBCentral, and the email I used it associated with a domain that I canceled, because it was very stupid. So I couldn't honestly check it out.
I tried to use some forign language as a tab name, it appears as ???????????
(2011-03-08, 10:37 PM)JoeNewYork Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to use some forign language as a tab name, it appears as ???????????

Wrong encoding?
(2011-03-09, 03:22 AM)Revenger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-08, 10:37 PM)JoeNewYork Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to use some forign language as a tab name, it appears as ???????????

Wrong encoding?

Well I figured out a fix,
changed the mysql "name" field encoding to utf general
(2011-03-09, 03:35 AM)JoeNewYork Wrote: [ -> ]Well I figured out a fix,
changed the mysql "name" field encoding to utf general

Well glad that works for you. Wasn't sure myself how to do it, as there is no default in mybb for creating tables, they have to be created through a specific query.

_______

Also, transferred server to a dedi (well, account under a reseller I created under a dedi). Basically, since we actually own the dedicated server, we will have access to do anything we want with the site, and the connection rates should improve a lot, as the server is pretty beast. This isn't just for mybbplug.in of course, we have other plans, this will just help for now.

If you're still getting the board closed message, clear your dns cache and try again, or just wait for everything to propagate. (Should take less than 24 hours).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21