MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Community Forums now running MyBB 1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Quote:Quotations should be visible in Quick Reply box at the bottom too, IMHO.
I was actually adding that as you posted (I'd developed the base code for it a while ago). You won't see it live here - but beta testers can see it on the beta forum.

Quote:Dang, the multi-quote didn't deselect, thats the second time i've had that happen
When you click the image again it isn't removed from the list to be quoted?

Or when you post it isn't removed?
I haven't noticed any bugs so far Wink

Is there any wishlist for the next release of MyBB? Big Grin because I've got some suggestions...

Thanks, Chris Smile
Chris Boulton Wrote:
Quote:Quotations should be visible in Quick Reply box at the bottom too, IMHO.
I was actually adding that as you posted (I'd developed the base code for it a while ago). You won't see it live here - but beta testers can see it on the beta forum.
Indeed it is... and it's very nice too, haven't found any bugs with it Smile
Chris Boulton Wrote:
Quote:Dang, the multi-quote didn't deselect, thats the second time i've had that happen

I was going to use it in a previous reply, but went away from the post and when i came back i used quick reply. The quoted post was not included then, however when i came back to post a second reply i used the full reply and the quote i had previously selected was added even tho i had posted a reply before.

Hope that makes some sense.
MrDoom Wrote:
Chris Boulton Wrote:

I was going to use it in a previous reply, but went away from the post and when i came back i used quick reply. The quoted post was not included then, however when i came back to post a second reply i used the full reply and the quote i had previously selected was added even tho i had posted a reply before.

Hope that makes some sense.
That's because when you used Quick Reply, it didn't quote the post - Quick Reply didn't (and still doesn't at these forums) support multi-quote until very recently.

That was the way it was intended to work...
Belloman Wrote:That's because when you used Quick Reply, it didn't quote the post - Quick Reply didn't (and still doesn't at these forums) support multi-quote until very recently.

I would have thought that if you actually replied it should have still cleared the selected posts. Quick reply or not.
MrDoom Wrote:
Belloman Wrote:That's because when you used Quick Reply, it didn't quote the post - Quick Reply didn't (and still doesn't at these forums) support multi-quote until very recently.

I would have thought that if you actually replied it should have still cleared the selected posts. Quick reply or not.
No, it only does that when you've either told it to deselect them or if you've quoted them in a post. (I think, at least)
Well this is cool.

And about the multi quote thing.

I think that is how they work in most forum software (such as IPB). Where they seem to be buggy, but that was how they are designed to work. (it just takes a little getting used to).

Edit:
wow, got to love the quick edit.....

Anyhow, I was just wondering. Is it going to be easy to upgrade to mybb 1.2? The only thing I really care about keeping are the posts.

And have the files stayed the same so that I won't end up with a bloated installation? (old files from the 1.1.x series stay on the server even though they are not used anymore)

Also, one last question. What is the expected release date for Mybb 1.2?

Edit #2:
I have a suggestion for mybb. Why is it that the post text area box does not ocupy all the space it is given? For example if I am going to post a new reply (not using the quick reply) the box to enter in my post only covers part of the total area it is given (depending on your screen resolution). It appears as though the box is given a default size.
Shouldn't it be more like the quick edit box where it takes up the whole area instead of just part of the area?
brianmn Wrote:Also, one last question. What is the expected release date for Mybb 1.2?

Should be released in a few days Smile Just enough time to squash the remaining bugs
Check http://validator.w3.org/ =>> Failed validation.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16