MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Community Forums now running MyBB 1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
The forum descritions idea, yeah I have noticed no one uses it, the ajax though, as much as I love mybb thats the feature I want most in it, I love it when im on a vb forum and dont have to reload the whole page, although I understand dialup users not wanting it, lets face it dialup is going going out fast, I think it would be an awsome improvement for mybb.
AJAX isn't a feature! AJAX/javascript can enhance features, but it isn't a feature itself. You can't just "add AJAX," you have to use AJAX/javascript in features themselves Toungue

I think AJAX/javascript should only be used when it is really needed to make things quicker and easier, such as quick edit.
My mistake, I think ajax should be incorporated with the curent features as if you use it and have high speed connection, I think you will agree its pretty nifty.
handeyman Wrote:My mistake, I think ajax should be incorporated with the curent features as if you use it and have high speed connection, I think you will agree its pretty nifty.

But here's the thing.

It's not that the AJAX itself is slow, it's that when so much AJAX is stuffed into a page, it takes forever to load.

And even though dialup is going out, there are still those who use it.

I agree with Belloman in that it should be added to certain places only.

Namely:

Edit Post
Edit Thread Title
Quick Reply

That's all that is really needed. Any others are just taking up useless space.
woo! Reputation is back!
xiaozhu Wrote:woo! Reputation is back!

Boo for reputation... I find that it is such a waste of time when that is enabled. You find so many users complaining about getting silly reps and stuff. It only really works if you have a mature community. Smile This is hard to have no matter what your forums are about, there is always someone silly. Rolleyes

Not sure I like the multi-quote idea either, I'll have to think about that one. Cool
Quote:Not sure I like the multi-quote idea either, I'll have to think about that one.
You should hopefully like the integration of the multi-quote with the quick reply - essentially it is quick quoting.

You can't see it here right now though because this board is running one revision too early for that feature.
rh1n0 Wrote:Boo for reputation... I find that it is such a waste of time when that is enabled. You find so many users complaining about getting silly reps and stuff. It only really works if you have a mature community. Smile This is hard to have no matter what your forums are about, there is always someone silly. Rolleyes

Not sure I like the multi-quote idea either, I'll have to think about that one. Cool

I believe it will work here...especially when people can view what did you rep another user.(Mean comments etc...) Toungue
xiaozhu Wrote:woo! Reputation is back!
Looks like all the reps have been reset.

Chris Boulton Wrote:You should hopefully like the integration of the multi-quote with the quick reply - essentially it is quick quoting.

You can't see it here right now though because this board is running one revision too early for that feature.
That should be sweet, ultimate time-saving Smile
Chris Boulton Wrote:You should hopefully like the integration of the multi-quote with the quick reply - essentially it is quick quoting.

Maybe I will like it if I could have some text formatting to go with my Quick Reply box? Big Grin
Such as bold, italics, underline... I'm sure I don't have to explain, you understand what I mean. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16