MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Community Forums now running MyBB 1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
DennisTT Wrote:
ashly138 Wrote:Whene will 1.2 be out for use to use?

When it is ready.
d2vid Wrote:the best answer you can ever get xD

I think "Just now, go and download it from <link>." is a better answer.
Smethead Wrote:
sTrEtCh Wrote:
Chris Boulton Wrote:I've now enabled the reputation system here. If it is abused as previously, we'll disable it again.

I think want we want to know is will the reputaions system be available on the released version of myBB 1.2
It will surely be available on the release. Why putting all that work on it and then just go ditching it?
The reputation system is a part of MyBB 1.2.
sTrEtCh Wrote:what change are there to have the cash rewards mod added to the released version ?
Actually, I don't think there is much chance for now. There is something that we call feature-freeze. This means that there won't be any features added.
The cash rewards mod is just another mod. The developers won't add every good mod they find in a new release. It  has to be useful and used by seriously much people. And I'm not saying this like "wow, my reputation system was so good is was added to mybb as standard" because the reputation system wasn't directly an import of my mod. It's completely coded by the developers themselves based on the modification that WDZ made in the Messenger Plus! Community Board, which happens to be the same where I based my system on. I don't think there is a different story on this. Maybe Chris saw the success of my plugin, but I doubt that since Chris and WDZ are onto MyBB for a long time.

well thank you for that most informative answer Smile
I've just looked at the new functions and improvements in the lastest vB release, and I think some vB's AJAX functions should be implemented in MyBB too, like 'IP Resolution in Who’s Online with AJAX', 'Rate Threads', 'Give Reputation'. Apart from this 'Reason for editing' is interesting function...

In my opinion thread description should be added as a default. I know there is a mod, but...
Which templates are modified?
What do you think of all templates?
Jasiu Wrote:I've just looked at the new functions and improvements in the lastest vB release, and I think some vB's AJAX functions should be implemented in MyBB too, like 'IP Resolution in Who’s Online with AJAX', 'Rate Threads', 'Give Reputation'. Apart from this 'Reason for editing' is interesting function...

Too much ajax makes it slow and bloated.

Jasiu Wrote:In my opinion thread description should be added as a default. I know there is a mod, but...

Why? Just say what you need in your thread title or in the post Toungue
Tikitiki Wrote:Too much ajax makes it slow and bloated.
I don't think so...if there is a common JavaScript library which handle http requests it can be done without many lines of code.
Tikitiki Wrote:Why? Just say what you need in your thread title or in the post Toungue
Sometimes it can be useful, when you for example put artist and title of song in thread title and then write file information like bitrate in description Toungue
Jasiu Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:Too much ajax makes it slow and bloated.
I don't think so...if there is a common JavaScript library which handle http requests it can be done without many lines of code.

I agree with Tikitiki, there are still users who use Dialup, like myself.

It takes me more then 2 minutes to load up a page of ten posts on vBulletin 3.6.0 and 3.5.4, whereas on vBulletin 3.0.x it takes mere seconds, vBulletin 2.3.x loads even faster then 3.0.x.

Jasiu Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:Why? Just say what you need in your thread title or in the post Toungue
Sometimes it can be useful, when you for example put artist and title of song in thread title and then write file information like bitrate in description Toungue

Again, I agree with Tikitiki, there's no such need for a default Thread Descriptions Feature.

I have this plugin installed on my forums, and no one uses it, not even me.

IMO people should be able to figure out what threads are about from their Subject.
I kinda miss the reputation bars.
handeyman Wrote:I kinda miss the reputation bars.

I don't. Toungue

This new way is much better then the old way, nice and clean. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16