MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Community Forums now running MyBB 1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Its looking great so far! Can't wait to upgrade my own forum.[/b]
What I am trying to say about the invalid html that the validator is giving....

Is that the html is probably valid.

The validator is just running into this text:
Quote:Persian (فارسي),Spanish (Espa�ol)

It isn't understanding it at all and is causing it to error out. Those characters are not valid in the character set that is used on the forums. And I don't think there is really anything that can be done about it.... (but the important thing to remember is these validation errors are not going to happen on everybodies forums)
Good stuff.
Tikitiki Wrote:
Asad_Niazi Wrote:Anyways, noticed a few changes as of now .. Btw, the "quick edit" doesn't works under firefox until all of the images, stylesheets and literally everything's loaded.

Thats cause the javascript needs to load. Nothing we can do about it, and its not like you can't wait a few seconds for everything to load Toungue

I couldn't make myself believe that images would load before javascript. Anyways, I am not complaining and it's working properly now since it's all in cache now. It's my wireless connection with fixed data transfer so I usually press the esc key (stop shortcut) as soon as the text's and formatting's visible.
Oddly enough, it seems to be the norm that javascript loads last. I've noticed it on vBulletin forums as well, which for me take forever to load.
MyBB 1.2 is looking great so far. Keep it up guys!
Looking good Smile
This is great.

Couple bugs(?) I've encountered.

On page 3 & 4 (but not 1 & 2) of this thread, I get the following warning 17 times:

Quote:Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed: missing terminating ] for character class at offset 21 in /inc/class_parser.php on line 297

Edit: okay, I'm not getting this error now. I swear it was there before!

(You should probably turn off error_display and turn on error logging for this website, don't wanna help script kiddies find vulnerabilities... Smile )

I also get this one.
The regular expression was me just fixing up a custom MyCode we have here for [wiki] tags.
Oh good, glad I've not quite lost my whole mind yet. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16