MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Community Forums now running MyBB 1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
brianmn Wrote:Anyhow, I was just wondering. Is it going to be easy to upgrade to mybb 1.2? The only thing I really care about keeping are the posts.
Of course you'll keep the posts Wink MyBB wouldn't have an upgrader that deletes the posts, that would be silly Toungue

Any customized themes and templates will be reverted, though, due to the massive number of changes in the templates and themes.
Aww, crap. I'm gonna have to re-make my custom theme. Oh well, small price to pay I guess.

The quick edit works for me now; that's awesome! Smile
Galen Wrote:Aww, crap. I'm gonna have to re-make my custom theme. Oh well, small price to pay I guess.
Yep, so will I... what I'm doing, though, is creating a duplicate copy of my forums as they are right now so I can refer to them when reskinning my forums Smile
tomekf Wrote:Check http://validator.w3.org/ =>> Failed validation.
Sad that isn't a good sign. Hopefully it is something specific to the MyBB community forums and not something more severe.

Belloman Wrote:
Galen Wrote:Aww, crap. I'm gonna have to re-make my custom theme. Oh well, small price to pay I guess.
Yep, so will I... what I'm doing, though, is creating a duplicate copy of my forums as they are right now so I can refer to them when reskinning my forums Smile

That is a great idea....i am downloading a copy of mybb and installing it on my local machine right now.
Tidy says that the index page is fine, and I trust tidy more than that buggy validator Rolleyes
Tikitiki Wrote:Tidy says that the index page is fine, and I trust tidy more than that buggy validator Rolleyes

I haven't found the validator to be that buggy.... but anyhow i think the issue should be looked into to see what the character it is that isn't being understood.

Edit:
The issue is with the mybb forums only.

After looking at the index i saw that internationalization section thing. And there are non-standard utf-8 characters there that the validator does not like.

And since the forum selection box also contains these characters the forums probably wont validate. But everybody elses should fine.
Well... Tidy validates it, and the stupid validator won't give us an error report. Anyway, I wouldn't be to worried about it.
Tikitiki I'm worry about google indexation Rolleyes
I don't value "html validation" as long as it's clean enough and it works. Even big sites don't seem to care. Google doesn't care about html validation. Or maybe you were talking about something else?

Anyways, noticed a few changes as of now .. Btw, the "quick edit" doesn't works under firefox until all of the images, stylesheets and literally everything's loaded.
Asad_Niazi Wrote:Anyways, noticed a few changes as of now .. Btw, the "quick edit" doesn't works under firefox until all of the images, stylesheets and literally everything's loaded.

Thats cause the javascript needs to load. Nothing we can do about it, and its not like you can't wait a few seconds for everything to load Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16