MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: VBulletin 4.0 is out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Talk about Social Networking script when IPB is the biggest of them all! IPB is not a forum, is a social network site with the updates and all that, in vB it's not a core,it's a plugin.
(2009-10-24, 08:08 PM)AVC Wrote: [ -> ]vB was the best forum software when it was forum software, now it is a piece of crap social networking script.

Like it really matters? Social networking and foruming kind of go hand in hand.
Some people make forums about music, no? So then others with that same interest join, like a group on facebook.

So the price got higher, why are you complaining if you have a piece of software others can no longer get, and its still a good software? Huh
Apparantly people still want 'just forum software, not a social networking site', yet we still get requests for social networking features.
Also, slowly but surely, the design is shaping up Smile
Indeed Scouttie the plain old forum is slowly on its way out. Sad
(2009-10-25, 03:04 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed Scouttie the plain old forum is slowly on its way out. Sad

I highly doubt that, actually.

I don't think most software will move to adding the complete Social Networking package. Friendships and Profile Comments maybe, but not things such as Groups, Albums, Galleries, etc.

Then again, I could be wrong. It's been a while since I've gone and looked at the new stuff in brands other than vBulletin and IP.Board.
(2009-10-25, 02:45 AM)Beatrix Kiddo Wrote: [ -> ]Like it really matters? Social networking and foruming kind of go hand in hand.

The forum was invented in order to share info after all :p

(2009-10-25, 03:04 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed Scouttie the plain old forum is slowly on its way out. Sad

MyBB won't go this way for a looooong time :p

anyone noticed it's just the paid scripts going this way? IPB/VB tend to a more nooby ' i want a site made for me and i have the money for it' customer base, hence the features, and frankly as soon as one does something like this, the other will follow...

But you get the free softwares, like MyBB and pbpBB which don't follow like that, as thers more community collaboration and therefore more of we want in our scripts than what they think we want. :p
I personally hope we don't go too far into the social stuff, if at all.
(2009-10-25, 10:10 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I personally hope we don't go too far into the social stuff, if at all.

MyBB is a forum, not a CMS or a SocialNet script, and i hope it stays that way Wink
(2009-10-25, 10:10 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I personally hope we don't go too far into the social stuff, if at all.

I highly doubt we will, to be honest. Social networking is best left for plugins for people to install when / if they want them, not us forcing it onto the user.
(2009-10-25, 12:24 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]

I highly doubt we will, to be honest. Social networking is best left for plugins for people to install when / if they want them, not us forcing it onto the user.

Hence why MyBB will remain awesome Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17