MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: VBulletin 4.0 is out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
VB 4.0 looks great
that doesn't mean that it will automatically be the end all choice for all forum software

myBB will still be the same imho

and as for the discussions on 1.6 and 2.0

if people want 1.6 tomorrow imho they should go

>>> HERE <<<

fix all the bugs in the 1.6 source...and tada
they will have 1.6 whenever they want

otherwise they should just be patient and wait
(2009-10-14, 08:48 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Imho once Fantastico or whatever, adds MyBB we will get boost. From first impressions, MyBB looks better then smf, and phpbb is weird.

Agreed. SMF looks horrible IMO, and phpBB is way to complicated when it comes to themes and such. I have used them both. Used SMF for the first year maybe of making websites, and then wanted to try others, tried phpBB, got hooked. Until I met MyBB... Now Im addicted Shy
(2009-10-14, 09:11 PM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-14, 08:48 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Imho once Fantastico or whatever, adds MyBB we will get boost. From first impressions, MyBB looks better then smf, and phpbb is weird.

Agreed. SMF looks horrible IMO, and phpBB is way to complicated when it comes to themes and such. I have used them both. Used SMF for the first year maybe of making websites, and then wanted to try others, tried phpBB, got hooked. Until I met MyBB... Now Im addicted Shy

I hate phpBB so much. SMF isn't so bad. MyBB is by far my favorite.
The installation of plugins/mods for phpBB is far too complicated than it should be for newcomers.
The price is ridiculous, isn't it? Many people are complaining about it.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=897031
Money hungry, someone once said.
They already have MyBB, just not the 1.4 series Toungue
As they said they weren't going to add it. Toungue
Plus there's no support for 1.2.x+ Toungue
It makes me sad when I look at pictures/archives of my old vB site, just as this thread opens an old wound that seems to never heal. Sad
I think the pricing is not very good and that's pre-order so i would hate to see the full cost. The new theme for vb4.0 looks to basic and not well made so to say and the colours are so over used around the net the light gray. and the top header bit i am sure i have seen that some where before.

All i got to say is i am sure IPB will be happy as i know of a number of people moving over to them.
It says the full cost there... It's actually more expensive to go with IPB than to stay with vB...

Forum 4.0 actual cost IS $195, the special at the moment is for the people who have ACTIVE licenses. Now the Publishing suite actual price is striked[because they are offering a percent off], $288 which is $11 less than the Business suite for IPB[$299].
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17