MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: VBulletin 4.0 is out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Fortunately for vBulletin they have lot of ignorant customers, many of them are posting in this thread too!
Yeah, I have ALSO two licenses, soon to be three and I've read the license agreement up and down, in nowhere it mentions you get free upgrades from new version to version (that meaning an upgrade from 3.x to 4.x).

It's very silly that you yourself say that I am immature yet your way of responding to the posts seem that of a kid. I really don't know what you mean by the security fee, maybe because I JUST bought it means I don't have to pay security fees, but I've never read about them. You get the security updates free and for those who use 3.6 STILL, they get the security patches, free, you just have to pay for MAJOR updates, from version to version (4.1 to 4.2).

vB License agreement
Quote:For purposes of this Agreement, "Software" includes (and the terms and conditions of this Agreement will apply to) any updates, updated or replacement features enhancements, bug fixes or modified versions (collectively, "Update"). "Update" means a release of the Software which adds minor functionality enhancements to the current version. This class of release is identified by the change of the version number to the right of the decimal point, i.e. 4.1 to 4.2. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, you have no License or right to use any such Update unless, at the time of acquiring such Update, you already hold a valid License to the original Software and have paid any applicable fee for the Update.

(2009-10-27, 04:59 PM)AVC Wrote: [ -> ]Fortunately for vBulletin they have lot of ignorant customers, many of them are posting in this thread too!

No, I'm just a designer, I'll be buying IPB too, you just want to read what it's beneficial for you.
I guess you and many others don't get it, vBulletin took away the option for "license owners" to pay for version updates, to upgrade now you must buy vB 4 and you get 3.8 since vB 4 is not even available yet.

Owners just want the latest upgrades for the versions they are running without having to buy that piece of crap vB 4.
@FMB

lol.. FMB your going all out vB and IPB ^^ I will stick with MyBB...

... And I am Server Administrator/Web Programmer
Yes, but your license was for 3.x! Not 4.x! Why is this so hard to understand?
(2009-10-27, 05:03 PM)AVC Wrote: [ -> ]I guess you and many others don't get it, vBulletin took away the option for "license owners" to pay for version updates, to upgraded now you must buy vB 4.

Yeah, and those who hold ACTIVE licenses get it for a discount, later on they will have coupons for those who didn't get to buy it.

win/win
vB nor IPB ever had this option where are you getting this childish idea? There like Microsoft or Apple want a new version of OS? You need to buy it, either the Full Version or just the Update but you are still buying.

Patches are free and will always be free to fix the product from any company be it a program or a MMORGP. But vB nor IPB ever had such an option, they want money and wont give you update for free because its stupid.
(2009-10-27, 05:04 PM)Deadriot Wrote: [ -> ]@FMB

lol.. FMB your going all out vB and IPB ^^ I will stick with MyBB...

... And I am Server Administrator/Web Programmer

Toungue I'm actually going for MyBB, IPB and vB meanwhile I learn phpBB and SMF. ^^ We'll be trying to design for different forum platforms.
(2009-10-27, 05:07 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Toungue I'm actually going for MyBB, IPB and vB meanwhile I learn phpBB and SMF. ^^ We'll be trying to design for different forum platforms.

Here's what I think:
vB 3.8: Very good in terms of features, but terribly over priced
vB 4: Stupid, even more overpriced than 3.8, good features, but not worth the money.
IP.Board 3.0: Super sexy, tons of features, reasonable price.
phpBB3: Good looking, but in my opinion, the retarded cousin of the other forum systems.
SMF: Meh, looks out-dated, feels out-dated, it's out-dated.
MyBB: Best of everything! Easily customized, free, tons of features and if they aren't built in there's a huge database of plugins.
(2009-10-27, 05:35 PM)Haunter Master Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-27, 05:07 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Toungue I'm actually going for MyBB, IPB and vB meanwhile I learn phpBB and SMF. ^^ We'll be trying to design for different forum platforms.

Here's what I think:
vB 3.8: Very good in terms of features, but terribly over priced
vB 4: Stupid, even more overpriced than 3.8, good features, but not worth the money.
IP.Board 3.0: Super sexy, tons of features, reasonable price.
phpBB3: Good looking, but in my opinion, the retarded cousin of the other forum systems.
SMF: Meh, looks out-dated, feels out-dated, it's out-dated.
MyBB: Best of everything! Easily customized, free, tons of features and if they aren't built in there's a huge database of plugins.

vB had WAY more features than IPB, you don't know until you really get down with it. Not only that, but IPB is more of a social network (for me) and vB you can still use it as a forum but have the flexibility of converting it into a social network.

IPB JUST looks good. The business package of IPB is $299, whereas in vB it's $288.
You pay what you get for, IPB I get nothing I want, not easily manageable as vB, I'm always in the back end making and figuring out how to make themes, I cbf with spending 30 minutes finding out that for me to change the width of IPB I had to include a piece of CSS, which they don't even tell you, where in vB I just have to go to 'StyleVars'.

Edit: Now that is one of the reasons why I love MyBB out of many others, the way you can manage the CSS right from you ACP as a whole or simpler, but not in tables(vB) or trying to figure out which one of the three CSS's is the right one(IPB)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17