MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: VBulletin 4.0 is out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
If we do, i'm switching to WWWBoard.
(2009-10-26, 07:33 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]If we do, i'm switching to WWWBoard.

What's that?

IF I was going to switch it would probably be to burning board and hope they get a larger english community Toungue.
Well i do love woltlab, its so much harder now to code... WWWboard is very old school Toungue
I'd just fork MyBB. Shy
(2009-10-25, 12:24 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-25, 10:10 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I personally hope we don't go too far into the social stuff, if at all.

I highly doubt we will, to be honest. Social networking is best left for plugins for people to install when / if they want them, not us forcing it onto the user.

Remember, the core development team of vB all left at the same time, I hope they form a new company together and build a vertical forum engine with modular add ons, this is where they made a mistake in the first place, vB was always an engine where mod's were added on.

This is the development model MyBB should follow.

Just like a stereo system has an amp that supports modules, the system works better for THE USERS THIS WAY.
What's so bad about social networking?
I mean you can't expect people to survive on just forums...
Yea i can. Also change your sigs. I want to run a forum community. If they want a facebook, i suggest they use it. Not my site. I like small talk and closeness, but i'd rather not have 230k photos that are just sitting there...
I have been drooling and drooling. Heart Heart I will do the upgrade for my one license. They have included everything I wanted and it looks out of this world. I would even buy the CMS/forum package this next round to go with my other site. It's worth every penny imo... Every penny... This really changes things for me cause I know it will be at least a year before MyBB even thinks about 2.0 imo if not longer. Even at that MyBB wont even consider half of what VB has. For once, something that finally has everything I wanted plus some.

I LOVE the vertical postbits.. Those are just toooo cool... So is the profile page, tabs, layout possibilities. Man-o-man have they done a fantastic job. Too many thing to list that I just LOVE.... Fantastic. The administration areas on the CMS are aces, I wonder if the forum admin has the same type of appearance? If so, I'm drooling some more. I hope so. WOW!!
Vb has become a social networking bundle of crud.... and the MyBB teams no longer got to compete with them really!
(2009-10-27, 03:01 AM)hemi Wrote: [ -> ]I have been drooling and drooling. Heart Heart I will do the upgrade for my one license. They have included everything I wanted and it looks out of this world. I would even buy the CMS/forum package this next round to go with my other site. It's worth every penny imo... Every penny... This really changes things for me cause I know it will be at least a year before MyBB even thinks about 2.0 imo if not longer. Even at that MyBB wont even consider half of what VB has. For once, something that finally has everything I wanted plus some.

I LOVE the vertical postbits.. Those are just toooo cool... So is the profile page, tabs, layout possibilities. Man-o-man have they done a fantastic job. Too many thing to list that I just LOVE.... Fantastic. The administration areas on the CMS are aces, I wonder if the forum admin has the same type of appearance? If so, I'm drooling some more. I hope so. WOW!!

LOL, you are in the minority, most vB customers hate the new team, their licensing and vB 4 too !

http://www.forumpostersunion.com/showpos...stcount=33

Read it there, because tomorrow it will be deleted by vB forum managers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17