MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: VBulletin 4.0 is out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
I've bought the 4.0 version . Can't wait to try it out now !
(2009-10-27, 05:03 PM)AVC Wrote: [ -> ]I guess you and many others don't get it, vBulletin took away the option for "license owners" to pay for version updates, to upgrade now you must buy vB 4 and you get 3.8 since vB 4 is not even available yet.

I guess what you and others don't get is that vBulletin can do whatever they want between version updates. There's nothing written down in your agreement licence to dictate how, or how much to pay, to upgrade. When you buy it now, you're getting vB with the option to download vB4 when it is released because that's what you agree to.

(2009-10-27, 05:03 PM)AVC Wrote: [ -> ]Owners just want the latest upgrades for the versions they are running without having to buy that piece of crap vB 4.

You will always get the latest upgrades for the versions you are currently running, until they discontinue the product, without having to buy vB4. That is what your licence entitles you to, and vBulletin is not taking that away from you.
Personally I wouldn''t use vb or Ipb for that matter. Not when there is Mybb that is much better. And it is not a matter of money, I already have one lifetime and one regualr Ipb license and I converted both my forums from Ipb to Mybb.

Anyway, back on topic, Vb is very bloated and that thing that they pulled on their customers with vb4, which ain''t illegal but shady and not businesslike, well, my gut feeling tells me to stay miles away from such software/company.

Mybb is the word, especially mybb 2.0 that from what I hear it will be a mind blower.
Yep Big Grin MyBB FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(2009-10-27, 06:36 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]Mybb is the word, especially mybb 2.0 that from what I hear it will be a mind blower.

We will save many kittens. Shy
(2009-10-27, 06:36 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]You will always get the latest upgrades for the versions you are currently running, until they discontinue the product, without having to buy vB4. That is what your license entitles you to, and vBulletin is not taking that away from you.

No, you will not get the latest versions of what you are running because vB does not allow renewal of owned licenses anymore, nor do they offer an "owned license any longer".

You have to buy the latest version gain access to update your old version and this is where they have broke the license agreement (legal contract) and this is why they will face multi-million dollar lawsuits.

In other words, you can not renew your old licenses any longer, you must buy a new one.
(2009-10-27, 06:52 PM)AVC Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-27, 06:36 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]You will always get the latest upgrades for the versions you are currently running, until they discontinue the product, without having to buy vB4. That is what your license entitles you to, and vBulletin is not taking that away from you.

No, you will not get the latest versions of what you are running because vB does not allow renewal of owned licenses anymore, nor do they offer an "owned license any longer".

You have to buy the latest version gain access to update your old version and this is where they have broke the license agreement (legal contract) and this is why they will face multi-million dollar lawsuits.

In other words, you can not renew your old licenses any longer, you must buy a new one.

The HELL you're talking about? I know you mean leased, not owned, because you get an upgrade from 4.0 AT A DISCOUNT.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthrea...d-licenses

I think you should read a bit better?
http://www.vbulletin.com/faq.php#faq-98
(2009-10-27, 06:38 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-27, 06:36 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]Mybb is the word, especially mybb 2.0 that from what I hear it will be a mind blower.

You make awesome software and 2.0 will probably make me want your man babies :p
(2009-10-27, 06:38 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]

Amen to that Big Grin
o god, just keeps getting worse.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17