MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: VBulletin 4.0 is out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(2009-10-15, 09:20 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]=\ IPB was made two years after vB. The actual skin that IPB has was released AFTER vB announced their skin[I'm talking about the iSkin, not the one they had previously with blue and green]. At this, vB has way way more features than IPB, and the modifications for vB are innumerable same as the skins and there are GOOD free skins for vB, whereas for IPB there is just a few modifications and a few free decent skins.
I'm not exactly sure VB's new style was made before IPB 3.0, I recall testing 3.0 and reading the announcement of vB4. However it's dressed up though it doesn't really matter both are as good to the admins, though vB's acp is horrible and un-user friendly.

~Kerrang!
Wow!
VB got a great style.
But I prefer MyBB!
:/ is this not sickening?

Quote:You will need 20 megabytes of space for the files in vBulletin 4.0 Forum. vBulletin 4.0 Suite takes 25 megabytes of space.

MySQL database space which holds the actual vBulletin data:

On initial install the MySQL database space used is approximately 20 Megabytes

[...]
Wait the database takes 20 megabytes alone? That's insane!
Yeah, 20MB for the files, then another 20MB for the db @_@

Seriously, this is just like CoD5; vBulletin 3.x with a new look...

(also moar bloat)
(vBloat Overstuffing Suite)
(2009-10-15, 05:05 AM)LaptopFreak Wrote: [ -> ]The price is ridiculous, isn't it? Many people are complaining about it.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=897031

The price isn't the problem, it's the way Internet Brands screwed over vBulletin Blog owners (like myself). And the way they handled this.

If we want to continue to use vBulletin Blog in vB4, then we have to upgrade to the vBulletin Suite. Right now it's $130 to do so, however once October ends it'll be $250.

(2009-10-16, 12:30 AM)ChrisR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-15, 03:37 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]It says the full cost there... It's actually more expensive to go with IPB than to stay with vB...

Forum 4.0 actual cost IS $195, the special at the moment is for the people who have ACTIVE licenses. Now the Publishing suite actual price is striked[because they are offering a percent off], $288 which is $11 less than the Business suite for IPB[$299].

Not 100% true from what i have read around the net vb4 is a lot more memory hungry 2-3x. and if thats true people on small server or even on shared hosting may have to pay more money for a bigger server.

Not sure where you read that, considering Alpha Testers are under NDA to not disclose anything.

Sources?
Anyone seen the screenshots yet?
(2009-10-20, 02:19 AM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone seen the screenshots yet?

they already posted there

vB4 is a good move ,they integrated CMS and blog which can be disabled.

i would prefer to that kind of board rather than joomla vB integration or wordpress myBB integration.

Cmon myBB gives us also at least a BLOG which would be the default page for the admin to post new and interesting post and forum links. Smile
There is a blog plugin. MyBB i'm sure is set on not having a 20mb db... Its madness!
(2009-10-16, 12:31 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-15, 07:09 AM)Beatrix Kiddo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-14, 08:48 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Imho once Fantastico or whatever, adds MyBB we will get boost. From first impressions, MyBB looks better then smf, and phpbb is weird.
They already have MyBB, just not the 1.4 series Toungue
As they said they weren't going to add it. Toungue
Plus there's no support for 1.2.x+ Toungue

Well thats the issue! Thats why we don't have as many newbs here as phpbb or smf. Its because there is no easy install. (Or in SMF case a webinstall)

Well, now that MyBB is under the GNU/GPL license, maybe if someone contacted them, they would add it to their installer?

And now that it is under the GNU/GPL license, someone could make a webinstaller? Wasn't that the point to mybb being under a free license? (Although now that I think about it, the BSD license would have been more fitting).

I honestly don't think we have anything to worry about.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17