MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: VBulletin 4.0 is out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(2009-10-15, 04:47 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Already I am forced into core file edits to expand on what I believe are needed features. When I have to do that I have to consider how much time and effort I would save by simply buying a VB license.

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be *much* easier for you, specifically, to fork MyBB into your own project? That way, every forum you have will have these core features and with the SVN now publically available, you can add in the latest bug fixes etc. It would save you a lot of time in itself, while also saving money.

We've decided to do this at work for all the different things we do, and I have to say, it makes things a hell of a lot easier.

Quote:Once your license expires you can continue to run the software but will not have access to ticket support or further maintenance, security or minor point releases on the 4 series.

Oh dear. If your vB4 licence runs out you no longer get security updates? At least Invision give you the important updates... Shy
Their Official Forums are now running 4.0. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/ I was really impressed at the design upgrades that were posted earlier in the year by Kier. However, they didn't use all of the design he did (the only used the header basically), which was a big mistake. I honestly think that this is a step backwards. Sure, the code looks great since it doesn't use tables anymore, but the design itself sucks.
Just a new skin, and more bloatware, which I've noticed none of which on my user end.
Undecided
Last time I commented on another forum software, I got shouted at. :p

Good luck to vBulletin. May we save many kittens with MyBB 2.0. Shy
Lol I saw that on your site Toungue
I like it but it reminds me of SMF a little too much.
Quote:We're going to shut down for a few minutes to give the database some more superpowers. Back in a bit.
vBulletin Community Forum

21MB DATABASE FTW
(2009-10-23, 10:40 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:We're going to shut down for a few minutes to give the database some more superpowers. Back in a bit.
vBulletin Community Forum

21MB DATABASE FTW

LOL
(2009-10-23, 10:40 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]21MB DATABASE FTW

For them it's more like 21GB DATABASE FTL
Also, this:

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo13/...4noooo.png
(2009-10-23, 09:43 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]I like it but it reminds me of SMF a little too much.

+1 on that
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17