MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: VBulletin 4.0 is out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(2009-10-14, 02:22 AM)apa Wrote: [ -> ]But 1.6 is supposed to be a very mild "upgrade". Not very exciting considering the release of VB 4.0 is taking the spotlight.

It has been something like 4 years since VB has done a major overhaul of their software,so give MyBB a break, will you!!!
I like vBulletin's new licensing scheme though.. very clever if you ask me. With that set up, old customers abandoning Jelsoft won't have as much of an impact... quite clever if you ask me.

Edit: Redundant phrase is redundant :|
Yeah, it looks really, really nice! Big Grin

Im creating a theming community (Unlike my last one, hopefully I can get this one to launch!), and if they have a demo version of 4.0 Im going to add it as a category!
Every I see a screenshot of vB4, I'm always thinking "that doesn't look as good as IPB3". I don't know, probably just me and my Invision fan-ism.

It looks good, but I know Justin has some pretty awesome things for 2.0 that will make you wet your pants.
I don't like Vb 4 look, except profiles and Cms, rest of it is alittle bland

i still used VB and i enjoy it, but Mybb is my favorite these days

i run 2 Vb forums and about 4 mybb forums currently (active) aswell as network manager for a dozen forums on mybb
The site design looks quite good. Screenshots of vB4 look good. I like the new sorta CMS system that they have incorporated in it.
I think IPB look much more better
The vb 4 it looks good. And better than Ipb 3, lookwise I mean. But in my opinion it ain''t worth that price. Not to mention that it is way too bloated.
vB 4.0 is still in the alpha stages, if I'm not wrong alpha 3, so it won't be out for a bit.

The pre-sale they have will be on going till the 31st of october and I think it's a good deal. If you have an active license you will just have to pay for the upgrade to the 4.0 forum and you will get free upgrade.

Overall, the look wasn't 'just' a few things changed, if people saw the old site, this theme/way is a complete overhaul.
The CMS feature is really cool.

I have fully integrated my site with MyBB and have several pages 'outside' the main forum space and its working great with templates and logins and everything, but it takes work, does not have an admin for easy editing and is harder to set permissions for.

A built-in CMS would be nice in MyBB and simplify my non-forum coding, if it could work outside the forum space. Then you could setup htaccess rewrites to make the pages SEO friendly and look independent.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17