MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BootBB - Responsive Multicolor MyBB Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
(2019-07-16, 11:00 AM)panayot Wrote: [ -> ]You can make the button yellow by editing template header_welcomeblock_member

replace in the javascript code:

btn-info

with

btn-warning

I may change it for the theme as well in next version

Thank you very much, I just did it and now it looks perfect =)
Hello,

Thank you so much for this theme! It was easy to implement and customize. I have a few of questions for you if you don't mind:

Is there a way to add a Font-Awesome icon to the MyAlerts button?

Also, is there a way to increase the size of the logo in the header? I'd like for it to expand the full length of the screen if the user is on a desktop or any device with a large monitor, but I'd like the logo to be a little larger on phones too.

Also, is there a way I can shrink the Font-Awesome icons that show the member count, post count, etc. at the bottom of the Index page?

Finally, do you know if the width of the content can be resized so if it's on a larger display, it takes up more space on the screen?

Thank you so much! Smile
I need just a little help and its a weird problem. I am using mybb 1.8.21 and google seo 1.8.3 and OUGC Custom Languages and BootBB no other plugins and all work great.

The small issue is when I view on any device BootBB works great but when I do Google Console Mobile ready test it finds the original mybb template? I tested it using googlebot as User Agent and same issue? I made BootBB default and looked everywhere if anything is pointing in forums to mybb's original default template but see none.

I really need this to show mobile ready to get search engine rankings and this is the one and only final issue holding my back now on using this great Template so please if you have any ideas let me know.
Probably the google console and the google bot share the same useragent string used to determine the crawler/spider.
Change the theme used by the crawler in ACP > Settings > Spiders/Bots
(2019-07-24, 02:19 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Probably the google console and the google bot share the same useragent string used to determine the crawler/spider.
Thank you that was the settings I could't find that but I have a new issue my registration page is not working right using BootBB template but works right when I use Default template. For instance if I choose a user name such as "anyusername" then try to make the password the same or it doesn'y meet the password requirements set forth by the bulletin board I don't get the reason why registration failed it just says - Please correct the following errors before continuing: but never gives a reason. In the default template it would tell you reason registration attempt failed? Any ideas anyone?

wflynnnn Wrote:
Crazycat Wrote:Probably the google console and the google bot share the same useragent string used to determine the crawler/spider.
Thank you that was the settings I could't find that but I have a new issue my registration page is not working right using BootBB template but works right when I use Default template.  For instance if I choose a user name such as "anyusername" then try to make the password the same or it doesn'y meet the password requirements set forth by the bulletin board I don't get the reason why registration failed it just says - Please correct the following errors before continuing:  but never gives a reason.  In the default template it would tell you reason registration attempt failed?  Any ideas anyone?
Sorted this issue out myself - I reverted a couple of BootBB member Templates back to original - Not sure how they got changed could it be from previously installed plugins?  I don't recall adding any new ones after I installed template.
(2019-06-15, 10:04 AM)cornishstorm Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks iAndrew for your help privately.

Wondered if anyone could help on the final couple of other questions I have.

Where in the css can I change the font colours for the top menu and the other area circled in the attachment (which is too dark)?

Finally, is there an option to control the overall width of the forum container so I make it slightly wider?

@Panayot

I'm facing the same problem.

Inspector tells me that the colour is #777 and originates in bootstrap.css however there's no such file at home.

From what we can see, bootstrap.css is an outsourced file.

Overriding this colour in the header template doesn't solve the problem, since the colour will be permanently green and won't toggle anymore.

How do we solve this? Shouldn't we import bootstrap.css to our server, make the changes we need and run it from there instead?
(2019-07-18, 04:12 PM)DoubleOZero Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Thank you so much for this theme! It was easy to implement and customize. I have a few of questions for you if you don't mind:

Is there a way to add a Font-Awesome icon to the MyAlerts button?

Also, is there a way to increase the size of the logo in the header? I'd like for it to expand the full length of the screen if the user is on a desktop or any device with a large monitor, but I'd like the logo to be a little larger on phones too.

Also, is there a way I can shrink the Font-Awesome icons that show the member count, post count, etc. at the bottom of the Index page?

Finally, do you know if the width of the content can be resized so if it's on a larger display, it takes up more space on the screen?

Thank you so much! Smile
  • You can download mybb 2.7 and inside is a folder plugin-compatibility. There you can find the replacement templates of MyAlerts to be used in BootBB (with font awesome and other fixes)
  • You can upload a larger image for the logo. It will make place of itself. But I cannot make it go behind the menus (if someone can, pls suggest a solution).
  • In template index-stats you can replace fa-4x with fa-3x or fa-2x
  • You can add at the end of global.css
@media (min-width: 2700px) {
 .container {
width: 2520px;
}

@media (min-width: 3000px) {
 .container {
width: 2820px;
}
and so on

(2019-07-24, 02:54 PM)wflynnnn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-24, 02:19 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Probably the google console and the google bot share the same useragent string used to determine the crawler/spider.
Thank you that was the settings I could't find that but I have a new issue my registration page is not working right using BootBB template but works right when I use Default template.  For instance if I choose a user name such as "anyusername" then try to make the password the same or it doesn'y meet the password requirements set forth by the bulletin board I don't get the reason why registration failed it just says - Please correct the following errors before continuing:  but never gives a reason.  In the default template it would tell you reason registration attempt failed?  Any ideas anyone?

Sorted this issue out myself - I reverted a couple of BootBB member Templates back to original - Not sure how they got changed could it be from previously installed plugins?  I don't recall adding any new ones after I installed template.
  • Make sure that BootBB is the default theme for all users: ACP > Themes & Style > Click the blue arrow next to BootBB
  • I added improvements for member_register in BootBB 2.7

(2019-08-06, 06:39 AM)Sector Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-15, 10:04 AM)cornishstorm Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks iAndrew for your help privately.

Wondered if anyone could help on the final couple of other questions I have.

Where in the css can I change the font colours for the top menu and the other area circled in the attachment (which is too dark)?

Finally, is there an option to control the overall width of the forum container so I make it slightly wider?

@Panayot

I'm facing the same problem.

Inspector tells me that the colour is #777 and originates in bootstrap.css however there's no such file at home.

From what we can see, bootstrap.css is an outsourced file.

Overriding this colour in the header template doesn't solve the problem, since the colour will be permanently green and won't toggle anymore.

How do we solve this? Shouldn't we import bootstrap.css to our server, make the changes we need and run it from there instead?
  • For the top menu, add at the end of global.css and change 777 to whatever you want:

.navbar-default .navbar-nav>li>a {
    color: #777;
}
  • For the threads/posts counts you can edit template forumbit_depth2_forumand add a color instruction after the nowrap; here:
font-size: 14px; font-weight: bold; white-space: nowrap;

(2019-06-14, 07:01 AM)cornishstorm Wrote: [ -> ]I can't seem to figure out how to change the header background, ie the f8f8f8 background behind where the logo and upper navigation are? If I change the background in container it changes the whole forum container background.
  • The background of the whole forum can be changed by adding at the end of global.css and changing f8f8f8 to whatever you like:
body {
 background: #f8f8f8;
}
  • The background of the header can be changed by adding at the end of global.css and changing f8f8f8 to whatever you like:
.navbar-default {
    background-color: #f8f8f8;
}

I just published version 2.7 of BootBB theme. Only minor improvements for MyAlerts and registration / lost password pages. See changelog for exact changes.

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...g&pid=1091
Any plan to update to font awesome v5? ._.
(2019-08-18, 10:41 PM)Lu5ck Wrote: [ -> ]Any plan to update to font awesome v5? ._.

I am not familiar with the new version. What would be the benefits for BootBB?
What needs to be done to upgrade?

If you have experience with this stuff and are willing to help me, please write me a PM of what needs to be done and maybe it will work out.
I am not a web designer and I am not the author of BootBB, so some tasks that I am unfamiliar with would take me a lot of time to figure out. I try to only do the most important stuff like keeping BootBB compatible with new versions of MyBB.
Thank you for this theme--I love how simple and pleasant it is, and how I can see all my smilies ; )

I do have a question. I noticed in another poster's image, a cute little Alerts button. How do I get/make that button? It would be a lot easier than folks having to go look in their UCP every day for alerts. Apologies if this has already been explained--I did search through the thread but didn't find it. 

Thank you!
Alia

[Image: 68747470733a2f2f692e6962622e636f2f6d3562...312e706e67]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32