MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BootBB - Responsive Multicolor MyBB Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
The next problem:

i can not do: request new password, if forgotten.

It does not work. In default theme it work fine!

any help??

Ciao Maik
This may be an issue with your user. Templates may be involved.

It's possible you might have to change some template related data to the theme. If you do not wish to change your MyBB templates, a simple reinstallation of the theme may be needed.

If this continues, it may be an issue with the theme. If so, you shouldn't use the theme until a patch is released.
This theme is nice but has many issues. I have located some and helped others with some. Some of the latest I found was that the theme may be lacking the required code to login and needs to be edited for that. I would suggest using another theme until the author updates the theme completely and fixes all the issues that have been pointed out.
I have found the problem. This template "member_lostpw" wars not correct.
Of all responsive themes, I really liked this the most.

The theme has some bugs however (unable to login, unclosed divs, videos not showing, no language support, etc). I went ahead and fixed all that I could find as I needed the theme ASAP because Google Search on mobile devices does not include results from sites without responsive design. With BootBB theme, my forum passed google test https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly
for which I would like to thank the author @Anurag M

Edit: I have submitted all fixes to the BootBB Project and they are now included in version 2.4

I have submitted dark background color scheme as well. You can either change color to DarkBackground of main theme, or add a child theme that uses the same templates but only different css colors:

Themes >> Create New Theme

For "Parent theme" choose your Main BootBB theme

For "Editor style" you need to choose "Buttons-Dark" theme (attached to this post)

For "Base Color" choose DarkBackground

You can check how the theme looks on my forum: https://forum.androidbg.com/
(there is an option to change theme in the footer)

As you can see, my forum is not in English, so I also had to do a lot of edits on the theme to make it use the language functionality of MyBB. The theme uses several text strings which do not have equivelents in inc/languages/english/. Unfortunately it is not possible to add them to global.lang.php because on next MyBB update they will be lost. The only solution I have found is to use this plugin: 

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=400

See BootBB installation instructions for details.

If you use Thank You/Like plugin, you may want to change the styling of its button to be in line with BootBB:
(first deactivate/activate plugin to make it work in BootBB)

Themes >> BootBB >>  thankyoulike.css
Add at end:

/* Custom */

a.add_tyl_button span{
background-image: none;
font-weight: bold;
}
a.add_tyl_button span:before {
content: "\f164";
font-family:FontAwesome;
}

a.del_tyl_button span{
background-image: none;
font-weight: normal;
}

a.del_tyl_button span:before {
content: "\f165";
font-family:FontAwesome;
}

.tyllist {
background-color: #d5d5d5;
}

contents of thankyoulike_member_profile template should be replaced with:

<div class="trow1 rowbit">
<div class="formbit_label align_right" data-width="30%">{$lang->tyl_total_tyls_rcvd}</div>
<div class="formbit_field" data-width="70%">{$memprofile['tyl_unumrcvtyls']} ({$tylrcvpd_percent_total})<br /><span class="smalltext">(<a href="tylsearch.php?action=usertylforthreads&amp;uid={$uid}">{$lang->tyl_find_threads_for}</a> &mdash; <a href="tylsearch.php?action=usertylforposts&amp;uid={$uid}">{$lang->tyl_find_posts_for}</a>)</span></div>
</div>

<div class="trow1 rowbit">
<div class="formbit_label align_right" data-width="30%">{$lang->tyl_total_tyls_given}</div>
<div class="formbit_field" data-width="70%">{$memprofile['tyl_unumtyls']} ({$tylpd_percent_total})<br /><span class="smalltext">(<a href="tylsearch.php?action=usertylthreads&amp;uid={$uid}">{$lang->tyl_find_threads}</a> &mdash; <a href="tylsearch.php?action=usertylposts&amp;uid={$uid}">{$lang->tyl_find_posts}</a>)</span></div>
</div>
(2018-12-05, 11:31 PM)panayot Wrote: [ -> ]Of all responsive themes, I really liked this the most.

The theme has some bugs however (unable to login, unclosed divs, videos not showing, no language support, etc). I went ahead and fixed all that I could find as I needed the theme ASAP because Google Search on mobile devices does not include results from sites without responsive design. With BootBB theme, my forum passed google test https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly
for which I would like to thank the author @Anurag M

Attached to this post is the modified theme (you need to get the images folder from the original theme).

-- SNIP --

The modified version of BootBB is impressive!

I love the Dark version.

The only downside is that Dark version does NOT play very well with the Advanced Sidebox plugin. 

When I activated the Advanced Sidebox plugin for the modified BootBB, both the theme and the plugin did NOT have any spacing (padding?) between them. 

I don't know if that is the fault of the modified theme or Advanced Sidebox plugin. 

I tend to place the fault more towards the modified BootBB because all other themes that I use for Advanced Sidebox do NOT have this issue of lack of spacing (padding?) between them.
I have joined the BootBB theme project to help with its maintenance.

A new build (2.4) is available at BootBB Project Page. This build is compatible with latest MyBB 1.8.19

(2018-12-06, 03:17 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]The only downside is that Dark version does NOT play very well with the Advanced Sidebox plugin.

After reading Advanced Sidebox description, I do not think that this plugin can be compatible with BootBB. A side box would interfere with the Responsive design and not allow the theme to shrink correctly on mobile screens.
Are there the problems with the adjustments fixed.
After updating to version 2.3, I had to adjust several templates.
What do you mean by "adjustments"?
I did a very long list of fixes to lots of templates. I had prevoiusly posted it here, but after I published the fixes on the project site, i removed them. If you are interested I can send you the list in PM message. Here is my testing site where I work on the theme: http://mybb.panayot.com
Maybe you can check there if the problems you had are fixed.
(2018-12-09, 05:59 PM)panayot Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by "adjustments"?
I did a very long list of fixes to lots of templates. I had prevoiusly posted it here, but after I published the fixes on the project site, i removed them. If you are interested I can send you the list in PM message. Here is my testing site where I work on the theme: http://mybb.panayot.com
Maybe you can check there if the problems you had are fixed.

Ok, please send me the fixes. 
Please could you check my calendar, om my site. 
This looks like wrong. 

Thx Maik
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31