MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AdminCP Permission Problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Actually there's been very few people say they've not used MyBB because of this and we've been rated highly on many script voting sites, and from what I've heard the download stats are very healthy and haven't dropped at all, there's been far more downloads of 1.4 than 1.2.

As was said above, it isn't something that can be fixed in the 1.4 branch, but it's fixed for 1.6.
Well how long does a transition from the 1.4.x series to the 1.6.x series take?
As it says in the first post, there is no ETA, but the steps to fix it will work for now.
(2008-12-20, 10:11 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What?! This thread tells you what to do to fix it.

Hi Matt,

I read your answers but don't you think that it should be much easier if you correct this problem in MyBB? Lot of people refuse to use MyBB because of this serious problem. I do not think it is a good marketing solution to advise people to talk with their hosts. For ex. I have good host but support pretty slow at least 1 week! but I will not leave this host because they have fast server.

I've tried at least 10 forum script. None of has this kind of serious bug. MyBB can be the best on the market but who will use this forum with a huge bug like that.

Anyway, I can only get this Forbidden Error message when I've tried to edit my categories or topics inside ACP. It means MyBB is useless to me but it is so sad because I think MyBB can be the best on the market if....
Yes, it's fixed for 1.6. And I don't think 'lots of people' don't use MyBB because of this, very few people have said that and our download count is healthy and much higher than the 1.2 branch.
(2008-12-18, 09:39 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]UPDATE: This issue has been addressed in MyBB 1.6 - as always though there is no ETA for when 1.6 will be released.

There have been a lot of people with the following error in their ACP:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin/index.php on this server.

This is nearly always a problem with mod_security. Basically mod_security doesn't like the way the ACP URLs are set out, and it thinks it's a security threat, so it denies you access.

For some information and possible solutions, you can read the Wiki page on mod_security: [Wiki: Help:Mod_security]

If nothing here works, contact your host provider and ask them to whitelist your domain or hosting account against mod_security - basically so that it doesn't affect you anymore. I have been told by bubka3 that for HostGator you need to ask them to remove mod_security rule 1234396.

If you are still having problems, please post your question in this thread rather than making a new one, as there are multiple threads on this issue already.

Thank you Smile

I recently switched web hosts (from GoDaddy to HawkHost), and encountered this problem of some options in MyBB's admin control panel not apparently working with my new web host's server, which uses LiteSpeed.

I sent HawkHost's tech support a support ticket, and provided them a link to this particular forum thread, and they changed a setting on their end, and the problem was resolved. Prior to that, I had tried doing a fresh install of MyBB's current version just as a test, and it had the same problem. It required tech support on my web host's end to resolve it, but they quickly fixed it.
i have asked my hosting provider to look into the matter (i tried all other things)

but meanwhile can u tell me the fix which i can do manually which is going to be in 1.6
my hosting provider can't do it for me, is there anyway we can fix it , plz i want to use mybb.
i am not getting mod security error in error log,
plz see this
[Mon Dec 14 04:13:21 2009] [error] [client xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] File does not exist: /home/prepgmed/public_html/403.shtml, referer:
http://prepgmedicos.com/medicozlemon_forum/admin/index.php
(2009-10-31, 04:56 PM)jaroo Wrote: [ -> ]Bad support. How many people come to the support forum PER DAY with this EXACT problem? Probably twice as many have this problem and don't come to the forum because it's too much of a pain and it takes too much time.

Most people probably just read the first post of this thread or the Wiki and deal with the problem in 5 minutes - like I did. Wink
y not jus re-upload the files to fix the problem?
still wont work D:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18