MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AdminCP Permission Problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
You don't do anything to the ACP, mod_security only causes this issue when it's misconfigured, so when that's configured correctly, everything works fine.
what is whitelisted ? can someone enligten me? what does it mean, and what do the server
people have todo?
Basically means that mod_security isn't active for your account... I don't know how one would go about doing it, but your host should know or be able to tell you how to do it.
as ill be helping him, putting shares into his buisness, and help him run it, we both dont know
You host doesn't know how to do it?? Before you said they wouldn't allow it...
He of course has a contract with a company to host out Servers, Webspace, its them who wont allow it. because they say it may take there main host unvnerbal but we are trying to get this to work,

i dont understand why its even blocked, none of the other forums i have ever had on there has not done this, Invention, Phpbb3,
after some time, and getting a new licnece and new softwear incase of hacking, they have turned it off, but im still getting the errors, would installing it again, and then trying it on a fresh data base work?

thanks Smile si
Is it the same error you are getting?
I'm completely confused as to why MyBB makes the people who use its software disable a security feature to run the software when it would be MUCH EASIER and MAKE MORE SENSE to just change the way the adminCP links work. Ridiculous!
(2009-10-28, 04:50 PM)jaroo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm completely confused as to why MyBB makes the people who use its software disable a security feature to run the software when it would be MUCH EASIER and MAKE MORE SENSE to just change the way the adminCP links work. Ridiculous!

I have to agree.
I almost walked away from this software because of this problem, in fact i am suprised that it hasnt been sorted out already!
We hardly planned it to have this effect. We're not going to re-write the ACP mid way through the 1.4 series, we're well aware of the issue and it will be addressed when the time is right to make such a change.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18