MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AdminCP Permission Problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
The problem is caused by mod_security, so you'll need to ask them again to turn it off. If they still say they won't, probably isn't anything to do other than change hosts. Most other hosts quite happily turn it off...
Many friends in this difficult encounter.
Host of each said : Server security mode is not off.
For all this problem is seen in version 1.4.؟ MyBB.
I'm not really sure what else to tell you, mod_security is the cause, if they won't turn it off, there's nothing more we can do about it. They should really turn it off, it only involves turning it off for your account, not everybody.
Thanks for the heads up! Works like a charm now...
(2009-04-13, 12:03 AM)krier32 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-12, 10:31 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, you're missing the ./inc/languages/english/admin folder and it's contents by the looks of it.

Did you use FileZilla as your FTP client??

Sorry I took so long to answer you, but yes I did.
Problem Solved:

1. Used Filezilla to reset the chmod to 755 from 666 and reload the directory.

I can now see the control panel.

Thanks for your help.
I had this problem before, it seems Linux is superstitious of 666. xD
still no luck on my end. even tho i have done what its said,

i thought this would of been better than phpbb3
So your host has whitelisted you against mod_security?? It's extremely simple to fix this.
They wont allow me to be whitelisted. and ill do it myself in a few days as ive brought
there main server off them
It's actually caused when it's configured incorrectly, a host I use has mod_security enabled, and because it's setup correctly, the ACP works fine.
and how do you setup the ADMINCP correctly?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18